Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort in Malta is looking to recruit an experienced Credit Controller
to join their team on a part-time or flexible basis. The selected candidate will be responsible for the credit control function of the hotel under the direction of the Financial Controller. The contract will be a one-year definite contract and hours can be flexible.
The candidate will be responsible for:
The ideal candidate will:
- Ensure that paymaster accounts and permanent folios are checked out on a timely basis;
- To ensure the Debt Collection function for the hotel is done in line with forecasts;
- Set resulting in positive cash flow for the hotel;
- Collecting and processing payments on all amounts owed to the hotel;
- Chasing regularly debts owed and keep records of all actions taken;
- Providing timely and accurate financial information;
- Liaising between clients and the relevant departments of the hotels in order to answer client queries, whether these are presented via telephone or correspondence;
- Ensures that necessary information in regard to overdue accounts is supplied to the Finance Director and presented in a monthly debtors’ meeting;
- Controls by recording posting and balancing all advance deposits;
- Checks queries and account disputes;
- Ensure all hotels’ revenues settled by city ledger are accurately recorded as well as supported by relevant contracts, authorisations and guarantee letters; and sent to clients in a timely manner;
- Ensures prompt and accurate payment of approved invoices and pro forma invoices.
Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort:
Ideally located at the edge of the sparkling Mediterranean, the Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort is the perfect retreat for an island holiday. Overlooking the striking St George’s Bay and just moments from St Julian’s, Malta’s cosmopolitan hub, the hotel is conveniently located for exploring this sun-drenched island’s many attractions.
- Familiar with hotel accounting as well as operation;
- Previous experience in a similar position will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge and work experience of hotel systems i.e. (Sun, Opera, Micros), Excel, Word etc;
- Communicate clearly and concisely;
- Analytical and have the drive to initiate new ideas or plans;
- Strong and confident personality coupled with the ability to work as part of a team;
- An organised and methodical approach;
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Good time management for meeting strict deadlines;
- Basic accounting knowledge is required.