Bortex Clothing Industry Co. Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Product Developer
to join their team on a full-time basis. As a Product Developer
, you will need to deliver excellence in the development of apparel and accessories.
- The ideal candidate will work closely with Design, Technical, Buying and Merchandising on a variety of product categories and will manage all aspects of development including functional design, fabric, trim, colour, fit, construction as well as cost.
- The successful candidate will execute fittings and organize product review sessions with multiple product teams.
- The successful candidate will oversee QC issues pertaining to the respective product categories.
- The selected candidate will need to research and drive fabric, trim and related technology innovation projects and ensure their successful technical implementation across the various areas of the operation.
Bortex Clothing Industry Co. Ltd:
Bortex also operates a number of its own retail outlets in Malta which offer a vast range of formal tailoring, outerwear, casual clothing, footwear, and accessories. All the outlets offer a made to measure service from a large selection of fine Italian and English Fabrics and the Marsa branch also offers a full hire service. Plans are in hand for further expansion of the retail division both in Malta and overseas.
- Strong on technical apparel and analytical skills;
- Must have knowledge of the apparel industry;
- Prior experience would be an asset;
- Ability to travel to meet with vendors & suppliers;
- Must be able to collaborate, build and maintain cross-functional relationships with internal stakeholders; Design, Buying & Merchandising, planning and other departments;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with diverse groups;
- Proven ability to multi-task, handle a fast-paced dynamic environment and execute at a very detailed level;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator.