Foster Clark Products Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Cost Manager on a full-time basis to join their team within the resources/components department. Reporting to the Head of Costings, the ideal candidate will set out the company’s benchmarks for all cost components (direct costs). Ensuring that all company’s procedures are constantly adhered to. Analyse and report actual versus standards, identifying deviations, and directing the company’s efforts in keeping within set standards.
Ideal Candidate profile:
- Proactively monitor monthly manning, with a special focus on indirect staff;
- Challenge the status quo;
- Scrutiny of contractors’ utilization, overtime, residual holidays and activities carried during holidays / Sundays. Challenge the status quo;
- Insourcing/outsourcing scenarios (make/buy), thinking out of the box;
- Set up yearly standard costs for the resources area;
- Prepare the monthly month end reports and variance analysis on the actual costs;
- Build the yearly budget components and related analysis vs. previous year and standards;
- Proactively suggest improvement areas in terms of cost cutting, waste reduction;
- Production per line and per site. Promote synergies and lower the transit/lead times also for internal supplied materials;
- Efficiency Drive;
- Daily cooperation with other Depts. to ensure that identified solutions are delivered within timelines. Ideally, at least 30% of the time should be spent out of the office;
- Work with other departments to gather and validate business requirements and ensure all processes are followed.
- Recognised Accounting qualification, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
- Ideally 7 years’ accounting experience, of which ideally at least 4 in factory costing, actual period-end closing, variance calculation, standard cost budget
- Functional experience in F&C overall with sound knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Microsoft AX).
- Strong understanding of Material Ledger, transfers of semi-finished products between factories, sales of rework materials, production declaration, inventory cycle counts and cost a year to date calculation;
- Integration of costing with manufacturing, plant maintenance and quality assurance.
Desired knowledge in:
Foster Clark Products Ltd:
With a strong tradition and a history dating back to 1889, Foster Clark is dedicated to developing and supplying quality beverage preparations and food products in the desert, baking products, and sauces and dressings sectors. As a forward-looking company with a strong history of success, Foster Clark is committed to researching, producing, and bringing to the market high-quality products that meet customer expectations in different regions, while continuing with our expansion through the globe. We are committed to our own people as we are to our customers, acknowledging that our success is a direct result of their qualities. We continue to strengthen our team in all areas of the business and offer excellent long-term prospects. Manufacturing and marketing high-quality food and beverage products in over 80 different countries, is the cornerstone of our success and the benchmark for all our operations and processes.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving;
- Action orientated;
- Influencing and Impact, including conflict management;
- Programme and Project management;
- Monitoring and Measuring.