One of our clients is currently looking to recruit a Head of Compliance to join their team. Reporting to the CEO the successful applicant will manage the compliance function and act as a liaison with the MFSA and FIAU.
- Acting as a liaison with the MFSA and the FIAU as required, including but not limited to the preparation and submission of required forms with the relevant authorities;
- Acting as MLRO for the business.
- Ensuring that any responses or forms to the authorities are submitted in a timely manner;
- Acting as a liaison with the company's Internal Auditor;
- Managing the compliance department - Advising and liaising with the IT department to build and improve the platform that has been internally developed to serve Nobel Financial processes and ensure operations are compliant with all laws and regulations;
- Carrying out risk assessments and due diligence on different parties, as required;
- Carrying out risk assessments on different corridors explored;
- Carrying out risk assessments on the company's operations;
- Carrying out full due diligence checks and risk assessment on prospective partners and providing feedback to top management;
- Monitoring of customers (non-face-to-face environment);
- Ensuring that the AML CFT policy and procedures, as well as the customer acceptance policies, are up-to-date and available to all employees;
- Answering AML CFT related queries that may be requested by different departments from time-to-time;
- Training employees on an annual basis at a minimum, and ensuring their familiarity with the AML CFT policy;
- Performing Gap analysis to ensure that the company is in line with EU and local legislation at all times, while remaining competitive;
- Transaction analysis and monitoring as well as the reporting of any suspicious transactions;
- Ensuring that all records and information on file are kept up-to-date;
- Setting up of accounts with different payment processors and other third-party providers;
- Any other tasks that management might assign.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelors degree in law
- Proof of of ongoing training in Compliance and AML
- Three to five years of experience in online payments in the financial services sector.
- Experience with money remittance companies and/or e-wallets is considered an asset;
- The successful candidate is ideally already approved by the MFSA;
- The successful candidate needs to be highly organized and pro-active with a can-do attitude;
- Ability to work both independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;