Calamatta Cuschieri Investment Services Ltd in Malta is currently looking to recruit an AML & Transfer Agency Manager to join their team on a full-time basis.
The AML & Transfer Agency Manager will be responsible for organising the Transfer Agency Department workload, to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner and highlighting any risk areas within the team, preparing procedures to mitigate risk and ensure all tasks are completed timely and accurately. They will also need to communicate effectively, maintain relationships and meet expectations of investors, investment managers, auditors, and other fund participants while also liaising with fund investors to ensure all application forms, AML, and transfer documents are received and accurate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collecting and analysing documentation from investors pertinent to AML/CFT such as; Risk Assessments, Customer Acceptance Policies and AML Policies and Procedures, AML Documents
- Coordinating internal AML/CFT reviews, including periodic reviews
- Implementing and monitoring the AML Function by working closely with other managers
- To draft and design relevant policies and procedures
- Reporting on a regular basis to senior management on the progress of implementation of new policies, procedures, and controls in relation to AML/KYC
- Developing, coordinating, and participating in training and raising awareness on AML across the company
- Responding to investigations and queries as the principal point of contact for all competent authorities; To liaise with MFSA, FIAU, and other regulatory authorities where required
- To be engaged and manage the applicable AML&CFT Business Risk Assessment
- Performing full scope, targeted, thematic, or offsite examinations to assess compliance with the AML/CFT obligations under the Prevention of Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism Regulations, independently or jointly with the FIAU
- Drafting findings report of AML/CFT examinations in a timely manner
- Conducting ad hoc tasks as instructed by senior management
- Ensuring full compliance with FIAU IPs at all times
Experience & Education::
- MQF Level 5 of education;
- Lower qualifications accompanied by relevant certifications/experience in AML/Regulatory setting will be considered;
- The ideal candidate must have 2 years of experience or more in a similar role;
- Ideally holds experience in coordinating teams;
- Candidates with previous experience in AML surrounding the Fund Industry will be highly considered.
- Capable of presenting findings in written and oral format;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Ability to take ownership and ability to act in line with agreed KPIs;
- Sound knowledge of AML/CFT Laws, FIAU Implementing Procedures and Regulations governing the EU and Malta;
- Able to work in a deadline-driven environment;
- A creative, positive, and innovative approach to problem-solving;
- Attention to detail, plus excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time;
- Able to be assertive and take swift decisions.
*All Applications will be acknowledged and treated with maximum confidentiality.
Calamatta Cuschieri Investment Services Ltd:
Calamatta Cuschieri is Malta's leading financial services firm. The company pioneered the local industry in 1972 and offers a full range of services including Live Online Trading & Independent Investment Advice, Saving Plans, Investment Management Services & Discretionary Portfolio services.