One of our clients, a growing tax and legal practice are currently looking to recruit a Compliance Officer and MLRO to join their team.
The successful applicant will report to the company directors and will be responsible for the implementation and management of all compliance and AML / KYC processes and requirements of the company.
- Ensuring the company's compliance with internal and external compliance and AML requirements, regulations , directives and legislation
- Managing, training and providing leadership to a small team of compliance administrators
- Overseeing the administration of compliance processes, ensuring that client files are reviewed on a regular basis through ongoing monitoring
- Drafting, maintaining, assessing and updating the companies compliance and AML framework to ensure that all required standards are met and that any updates in policies and procedures are communicated to staff members effectively
- Acting as the company's MLRO, ensuring that the firm is compliant with AML/CFT controls, reporting any suspicious activity to the relevant authorities and assisting in investigations.
- Developing and overseeing the client on-boarding process, ensuring that all due diligence and KYC check are carried out on prospective and existing clients.
- Carrying out risk assessments
- Developing and delivering adequate AML training to staff members
- Keeping updated on any changes in any relevant laws and taking necessary actions to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Acting as the primary point of contact fr any compliance related matters
- Handling regulatory reporting to the MFSA, FIAU and other entities. Ensuring that all reports are accurate and that they are submitted in a timely manner.
- Maintaining the business risk assessment and reporting significant risks to the Directors and senior management
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of three years previous local compliance experience in a similar role, within a legal or corporate services environment
- Extensive knowledge of AML, FATCA and CRS, and compliance - related directives and procedures
- Candidates must be recognised as 'fit and proper' by the MFSA (PQ'd)
- Applicants would need to be qualified lawyers and/or hold suitable compliance qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are essential. Fluency in other languages would also be an asset.
- Proven ability to work to strict deadlines
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- A good eye for detail and accuracy
- Honesty, integrity and strong decision making skills are essential.
Given the current situation, kindly note that we are experiencing some delays from employers in their recruitment plans. However, rest assured we are working closely with them to make sure we create the relevant pipeline of candidates for when the time is right. Should you be interested in this vacancy, we encourage you to apply above and would like to thank you in advance for your time, patience and understanding throughout this recruitment process.