Our client, a multi-jurisdictional player in the financial services sector providing corporate and fiduciary services with 40 years of experience in the sector, is looking to engage a Head of Compliance to join its team of professionals.
- Implementing compliance policies, procedures, manuals and checklists including updating such documents in line with regulatory developments and the Group’s requirements
- Ensuring the implementation of compliance diaries
- Implementing / carrying out tasks emanating from multiple compliance monitoring programmes
- Supporting the employees on regulatory queries including matters related to AML/CFT
- Preparation of compliance reports for Boards and Compliance Committees
- Tackling regulatory issues and interpretation of applicable legislation and/or regulations
- Assisting the respective MLRO with AML/CFT and any other ad hoc issues as required
- Assisting the respective MLRO with the completion of the Annual Compliance Report for the FIAU
- Supporting employees on matters pertaining to Data Protection in line with GDPR
- Ensuring compliance with the ongoing application and monitoring of GDPR requirements
- Maintaining and developing a compliance culture with all legislation and regulations applicable to the company
- Supporting the management team when/if necessary on any external compliance services that may be provided to clients
Education and experience:
- A qualification in compliance/finance or the equivalent;
- A minimum of five years of experience in a similar role within financial services;
- Proficient working knowledge of related legislation and regulation.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing, are essential for this role;
- Proactive attitude;
- 'Can-do' approach to work.