Our client is seeking to employ a Lawyer in the Advisory team focusing on Data Protection/ GDPR compliance matters.
- Carry out GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) readiness assessments for clients;
- Assist clients in developing an understanding of operational processes and controls, and support in assessing their effectiveness in mitigating data protection risks;
- Support clients across customer privacy queries, complaints and GDPR matters;
- Create and deliver clients’ employee training and awareness;
- Develop relevant policies, procedures and standards (privacy, classification, archiving, retention, etc);
- Support in fulfilling Data Protection Privacy Impact Assessments;
- Develop and maintain a strong communication channel with clients at all times;
- Liaise with the firm’s cyber security team on information security aspects of client engagements.
- University Law degree or equivalent;
- A passion for Data Protection would be considered an asset;
- Warranted lawyer with up to 2 years’ experience preferably in data protection/ privacy aspect.
- An understanding of the Data Protection Act, GDPR and regulatory compliance;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Keen eye for detail;
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks and projects;
- Willingness to take a proactive approach with minimal supervision;
- Self-motivated and driven to excellence;
- Willingness to learn and aptitude for acquiring new competencies.
Job reference: FE792