Job vacancy: Corporate Services Officer (Finance and Reception)
The British High Commission in Malta is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas, and is now looking to recruit a Corporate Services Officer (Finance and Reception) to join their team on a full/part-time basis. The ideal candidate will be providing corporate services support to the British High Commission, specifically raising purchase orders and processing of invoices, ad hoc business support services and daily reception duties.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Requisitioning of goods and services using the organizations IT system and in line with FCO Policy;
- Receipting of goods and services;
- Timely payment of invoices;
- Ad-hoc purchases on behalf of the British High Commission;
- Processing VAT Claims;
- Maintaining auditable records;
- Provision of information to support budget forecasting and accruals.
- Business Support Services:
- Booking and reconciling Office Transport;
- Make hotel bookings for visiting officers;
- Perform ad hoc tasks in cooperation with colleagues within the British High Commission.
- Deal with and direct as appropriate telephone inquiries that come into the British High Commission;
- Deal with face to face callers to the BHC which includes British Nationals, contractors and visitors;
- Perform ad hoc tasks in cooperation with colleagues within the office.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal communication;
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications specifically Outlook, Excel, and Word;
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills;
- Ability to build effective working relationships;
- Excellent telephone manner;
- Intermediate Maltese, both written and verbal;
- Understanding the work of Diplomatic Missions or Public Sector experience;
- Financial awareness;
- Seeing the Big Picture;
- Collaborating and Partnering;
- Delivering Value for Money;
- Managing a Quality Service.
Type of Position:
Part-Time, Fixed term, with the possibility of renewal;
Working hours per week:
Starting monthly salary:
: 3 February 2020.
Other benefits and conditions of employment:
- This is a part-time, fixed-term contract of 12 months with the possibility of renewal. Working hours Monday to Thursday 5hrs 30mins (09:30-15:00)/Friday 6hrs (9:00-15:00);
- The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance;
- All applicants should have the right to live and work in Malta. The British High Commission does not sponsor work permits;
- Staff recruited locally by the British High Commission in Malta are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Maltese employment law.
Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Malta and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Additional requirements may become necessary pending EU Exit.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen. FCO does not pay for the travel-related expenses incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancellation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position. Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however, our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
British High Commission:
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organizational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.