Tumas Group in Malta is seeking to recruit a Compliance Officer
to join their team on a full-time basis. This is a unique opportunity for candidates who wish to develop their career within Compliance, mainly in Data Protection and AML/CFT.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance, the selected candidate will be expected to:
- Manage the day to day compliance tasks of the department including but not limited to the vetting of companies and customer due diligence;
- Assist in the planning, preparation, and execution of data protection and AML/CFT compliance assessments;
- Draft and update group policies and procedures as specified by the Head of Compliance;
- Assume responsibility as Data Protection Officer of selected group companies;
- Review, inspect and assess the implementation of any compliance measures and follow up of policies and procedures;
- Prepare compliance reports as indicated by the Head of Compliance;
- Contribute in establishing appropriate compliance internal structures and controls;
- Liaise with Management of the Group and its subsidiary companies as may be appropriate;
- Maintain an updated list of all data processing of the group;
- Assist in the provision of GDPR, AML training, and employee awareness;
- Assist in report writing on AML/CFT compliance examinations either alone or in conjunction with the MLROs of the relevant subject persons;
- Receive, review, assess, follow up and evaluate reports received from Tumas Group companies such as questionnaires, statistics, and progress reports and report any gaps;
- Monitor compliance procedures within Tumas Group Companies;
- Attend any training, seminars, and meetings specified by the Head of Compliance;
- Perform any other compliance duties assigned by the Head of Compliance.
Together we strive to be a leading group that excels in proving quality services that exceed our customer's needs & enhance shareholder value.
- Possession of an MQF Level 6 University Degree or an MQF Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Compliance, Law, Banking and Finance; Business Administration or any other equivalent qualification;
- Knowledge of the laws that govern the General Data Protection Regulation and the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism;
- Good written and verbal communications skills;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint Presentations;
- Candidates with GDPR and AMLCFT certification and previous experience in a similar role will be given preference.