Gauci Maistre Xynou (GMX Law Firm), Malta is looking to recruit a Corporate Lawyer (Associate)
to join their growing team on a full-time basis. The Corporate Lawyer (Associate)
, who will be reporting to Partners, will be working with both the firm’s legal team from different jurisdictions as well as the financial services team. The successful candidate will be requested to show initiative, take on certain responsibilities within the firm and will immediately be given the opportunity to further advance their career within the law firm.
- Providing legal advice and legal opinions
- Drafting, revising, negotiating and concluding agreements
- Assist with drafting/preparation of corporate documentation such as M&As, resolutions, MFSA forms, minutes of board meetings, etc.
- Assist with the review of agreements, forms or any other legal documentation
- Assist with all corporate ventures such as incorporation, mergers, acquisitions, share transfers, corporate due diligence, licensing, etc.
- Liaising directly with the Maltese Registrar of Companies, and other national and international governmental authorities
- Ensuring the legality of business practices
- Assist with reporting requirements to local and overseas regulatory authorities, including those regulating anti-money laundering procedures
- Ad hoc compliance and legal projects/duties as may be required from time to time
- Drafting of Court applications
- Provide training both in-house and to third parties in related sectors
- Undertaking any ad hoc projects, if required.
Good to Have:
- University degree in law (LL.B / LL.D) and a Member of the Maltese Bar Association; a Master’s degree (LL.M) will be considered advantageous
- A minimum of 5 years of corporate law experience, preferably in the financial services sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Maltese and English, whilst other languages will be considered advantageous
- IT literate, with experience of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management and other major software applications
- Ability to deal with a multi-cultural work environment and client base
- Keen to develop his/her experience through training, qualification and continuing professional development
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills and ability to perform under pressure.
- Court experience will be considered advantageous.
Applicants residing in Malta is preferable.
Gauci Maistre Xynou (GMX Law Firm):
Gauci-Maistre Xynou is the brand under which our team of dedicated professionals offer bespoke legal, audit and assurance services. Gauci-Maistre Xynou (Law Firm) is an established law firm in Malta with a team of advocates warranted to practise law in Malta or their respective jurisdictions and exclusively authorised to provide legal services under the Gauci-Maistre Xynou brand. The law firms’ international desks allow us to offer unique tailor-made legal services ensuring that an internationally holistic approach is adopted for every case. Audit and assurance services under the Gauci-Maistre Xynou brand are offered by Gauci-Maistre Xynou (Assurance) consisting of a team of certified auditors and accountants, fully committed to servicing clients operating locally and internally in broad-ranging sectors. Gauci-Maistre Xynou is well placed to serve its clients from all parts of the world in their respective industries. It has truly emerged as an efficient and reliable one-stop shop. Solidifying its presence both locally as well as internationally, the firm comprises a team of professional, specialising in their respective fields, ready to provide tailor measures services to their various clients. Ultimately, Gauci-Maistre Xynou’s top priority is its clients.