Melita Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Core Network Engineer to join their team on a full-time basis. Would you like to form part of the technical team, responsible for delivering Melita’s services in a consistent and reliable manner?
*Melita Ltd would like to reassure you that despite these very challenging times, they are taking all necessary precautions whilst providing a safe working environment for all their employees.
We are currently looking for an individual to join our Core Networks team. This team is responsible for the correct installation, operation and maintenance of mobile voice & data networks and systems including IoT and IP-based fixed-line telephony equipment including Cloud/IP PBXs within Melita's technical operations centre. You will be given an exciting opportunity to develop your career in a challenging, specialised and constantly evolving environment, where you will have an important role in the direction and progress of the company’s technical strategy.
This position entails the following Responsibilities:
- Researching, recommending and implementing technical solutions;
- Introducing new equipment while maintaining existing equipment;
- Report generation and data analysis;
- Monitoring and analysing technical reports;
- Troubleshooting problems and providing timely corrective action;
- Preparing technical procedures and delivering training.
At Melita, we help people stay connected with the most technologically advanced telecommunication services around. We started back in 1992, and today we set the standard for digital technologies in Malta, providing services to more than 75% of Maltese households and an ever-growing number of businesses. As our name suggests, we’re rooted in Malta, but with international shareholders and operations in Italy and Germany, we have an outlook that goes beyond Maltese shores, an outlook that’s reflected in our culture and our team.
- A degree in ICT, IT, networking, telecommunications or equivalent;
- Good communication skills;
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies;
- Good knowledge of mobile networks;
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware;
- CCNA qualifications are strongly preferred;
- Strong teamwork skills, committed to achieving results;
- Good command of the English language;
- A valid driving license.