D Works Group in Malta is currently looking to recruit Tile Layer and Plasterer
workers to join their team on a full-time basis.
The chosen candidate would be a team player looking to be involved in the retaliation of specialized and innovative projects engineering solutions with a passion for detailing and execution on a range of exciting and prestigious new-build and refurbished projects.
Cuties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Requirements:
- Applies tile to walls, floors, ceilings, and promenade roof decks, following design specifications such as examines blueprints, measures, and marks surface to be covered and lays our work;
- Measures and cuts metal lath to size for walls and ceilings with tin snips;
- Tacks lath to call and ceiling surfaces with staple gun or hammer;
- Spreads plaster base over lath with a trowel and leaves plater to specified thickness, using screed;
- Spreads concrete on the subfloor with a trowel and leave it with screed;
- Spread mastic or another adhesive base on the roof deck, using a serrated spreader to form a base for promenade tiles;
- Cuts and shapes tile with tile cutters and biters;
- Positions tile and taps it with a trowel handle to affix tile to plaster or adhesive base;
- May be designated according to the type of work done as a roof-promenade-tile setter.
D Works Group:
In 2001 PC Works started a small company tailoring just households and just repairs, now with 3 workshops and 2 retail outlets we cater for any kind of business even outside the country. In 2004 Security Works upgraded from just I.T to providing security systems for households and businesses. We started with some clubs in paceville and now days we have a whole list of clientele and dedicated maintenance agreements. Turnkey Works started in 2006 as some electrical and plumbing maintenance we evolved in a fully functioning finishing company. Origin Works started in 2010 as a communications house, know we do Printing of Large and Small Format, Websites, Designs, Video Editing, Marketing and much more.
- Minimum of 3 years working in construction, in a similar position;
- A recognized qualification up to diploma level in the field would be considered an asset;
- Experience in working with various trade machines, tools, and equipment and must be able to use these safely;
- Able to communicate effectively in English;
- Able to stand for long hours, lift heavy objects and conduct repetitive motions;
- Trained to work effectively at heights for installations purposes;
- Srong work ethic and willingness to learn;
- Able to work under pressure completing tasks with minimum supervision.