Our client is a large main building contractor in Malta undertaking a range of low-medium rise new build developments in addition to restoration and refurbishment projects and therefore they are looking to recruit an Assistant Construction Commercial Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis. Individuals will have a background in civil engineering/construction and preferably Quantity Surveying.
Possessing demonstrable experience in Risk Management to Procurement, Financial Reporting and managing Supply Chain, the successful applicant will assist the Commercial Manager with:
- Managing and overseeing all activities within the Commercial Department including assisting more junior members of the team;
- Undertaking pre and post tendering processes;
- Implementation of contracts;
- Recruitment, interviewing and recruitment of suitably qualified individuals into the department;
- Implementation of commercial processes and procedures.
- Have strong commercial awareness on construction projects, demonstrating technical competency through the tendering process;
- Possess strong client liaison skills and be confident in dealing with all stakeholders;
- Show excellent communication skills and team-leading ability;
- Demonstrate knowledge of main forms of contract and subcontract and understand how to maximise value whilst minimising risk;
- Have previous experience in claims management and dispute resolution including knowledge of the Adjudication Process to enable “win/win” settlements to the agreement of all parties;
- Have excellent organisation ability and the capability to work under pressure;
- Possess extensive IT skills – particularly with Microsoft Projects and Microsoft Office This is an excellent opportunity for an already very experienced construction commercial professional to take the next career step.
*Our client offers a remuneration package between €40-45K per annum depending on the experience together with various additional benefits.
Ably Resources Limited:
At Ably Resources we provide the best available talent in the UK and across the globe. Whether it's the placement of one individual or the mobilisation of a whole project team, we can guarantee you a professional and highly skilled response to your requirements. Our aim is to deliver the best possible solutions, so we will make sure we fully understand the nature of your work-scope, the key issues and the complexities. We will then strive to meet your needs as quickly, and as cost-effectively, as possible. We can provide staff at all levels, from skilled trades to any office support staff, middle and senior management and director level across many disciplines. We're based in Glasgow, but we have absolutely no geographical restrictions. We currently supply clients throughout the UK and worldwide. Nor do we have any restrictions on our client-base, which currently ranges from small independent firms to global multi-nationals. We deliver complete recruitment solutions from advertising, sourcing, shortlisting, selection and full candidate back-up. In addition, we offer security and medical screening, credential verification and referencing. Through innovative web-based attraction and recruitment solutions combined with our extensive database and contact pool, we are confident in delivering a quality choice. Ably Resources ambitious aims are to deliver recruitment services to its clients wherever and whenever their requirement arise.