AX Head Office in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Works Coordinator to join their team on a full-time basis.
An opportunity has arisen for a full-time Works Coordinator to join us to manage contract requirements for a range of jobs including handling calls, scheduling a range of works including maintenance. You will have a strong focus on safety with the ability to manage and deliver efficient and cost-effective services for our Company.
- Regularly inspecting AX Group property and providing advice and recommendations on its improvement, maintenance, and upkeep;
- Assisting in determining the feasibility of internal AX Group projects and assisting in preparing cost estimates;
- Planning, executing and monitoring of all works with subcontractors;
- Generally performing coordination duties in relation to AX Group projects, and supporting & assisting other project managers as may be assigned;
- When required, drafting and compiling programs of work related to the project delivery and constantly updating these in line with the exigencies of works;
- Defining and implementing the best strategy in line with the company's requirements;
- Environment Health & Safety:
- Quality Control:
- Implementation of relevant systems and standards for contractors to follow;
- Any further connected and ancillary duties as may be required by the Company from time to time.
- Driving Licence, Cat B;
- A minimum of 1-year experience;
- Ability to write and communicate in English;
- Well organized and hard-working;
- Ability to take initiative and work without supervision
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV, together with a covering letter.
AX Head Office:
AX started in 1975 in construction. The company was awarded a couple of landmark building and civil engineering contracts and by mid-eighties, it was already a well-established construction company with Malta’s largest hard rock quarry, the largest pre-cast and pre-stressed concrete plant on the island. Development was a natural diversification for the company. AX group developed individual terraced houses, large scale residential blocks, office blocks, hotels, restaurants. And in 1982 AX ventured into hospitality with AX Sunny Coast 4-star complex in Qawra being its first investment. And soon after the Group inaugurated the largest hotel in Malta, the 4-star AX The Seashells at Suncrest Hotel. Today AX hotels manage 6 hotels including the 4-star AX The Victoria Hotel, a 200 year Palazzo Capua and a 5-star city designer hotel in Sliema – AX The Palace. In 2017 AX hotels launched its lasts edition – AX The Saint John Boutique Hotel in Valletta and in 2019 they will be opening one more in Merchant Street. In 2015 AX Group launched the first retirement village on the island redefining the later lifestyle with the luxurious Hilltop Gardens and Simblija Care home in Naxxar. Today the AX Group of companies is a household name in Malta. It’s synonymous with landmark constructions and developments such as the superstructure Parliament in Valletta or restorations like the Birgu ditches. It’s a shareholder in the Valletta Cruise port and Valletta Waterfront and plans to launch the UNESCO approved tunnel underneath Valletta connecting Birgu and Sliema in the coming years.