One of our clients, a leader in local and international projects in Malta is seeking to recruit an Archaeologist to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Pre-development heritage assessments, archaeological investigations, surveying, research and on-site documentation;
- Surveillance Data Sheet Documents, Monitoring, surveillance and on-site guidance;
- Post-Excavations including the examining, cleaning, preservation and/or conservation, treatment and documentation of artefacts;
- The creation of an investigation archive of catalogued records, illustrations and photography of archaeological artefacts and other related works;
- Site coordination as and when necessary to organize investigative works, liaise with the Superintendence of Cultural Heritage and be responsible for the completion of the site archive;
- Research assistance, archiving as stipulated by the operating procedures and standards for archaeological services (OPSAS) as set out by the Superintendence of Cultural Heritage.
- Degree in Archaeology obtained from a recognised University;
- Ideally approved by and listed on the Maltese Superintendence of Cultural Heritage’s list of service providers;
- 6+ months of hands-on experience on-site/s;
- Good knowledge about Maltese archaeology.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Able to work independently with high integrity and also as part of a team;
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail.