On behalf of their client, who is a large main building contractor undertaking a number of medium to large projects on the island, Ably Resources Limited is looking to recruit a Contracts Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis.
A Contracts Manager is now required to join the team in order to take responsibility for:
Ensuring that any variations from the Contract are identified and risk mitigation measures are put in place by:
- Initial Administration (including managing tender lists; reviewing projects costs from accounts; preparation of monthly reports);
- Collection and review of tenders;
- Developing the Method Statement and programme of works;
- Preparation of the Bid Bond (where applicable);
- Compiling Technical and Administrative documents to form part of the Tender submission;
- Working with the Director of Cost Control & Logistics to put together a competitive price;
- Compilation and submission of Tender within the closing date and time;
- Tender follow-up;
- Contract Administration;
- Reviewing documents and participating in Contract Negotiations;
- Opening the Contract file and submit the pre-start documents such as Bank Guarantees, Insurances, Programme of Works, and any others as stipulated;
- Assigning the Quantity Surveyor;
- Notifying Insurers and submitting any documents required under the contract;
- Organising Kick-Off meetings with the team to explain special requirements and risks;
- Holding regular meetings with Site Managers and Site Supervisors to discuss the progress of works;
- Reviewing Subcontract Agreements with the Subcontract Manager and comparing to the Main Contract before any Subcontract is committed;
- Ensuring that the agreements are back to back whenever possible o Maintaining Performance, Advance Payment and Retention Guarantees;
- Attending progress meetings with Client and Site Managers;
- Supervising the team of Quantity Surveyors to ensure that monthly Applications for Payment are issued for each Project;
- Liaising with the Client / Architect to ensure that monthly Payment Certificates are received for each Project Compilation and submission of Monthly reports as required under the contract;
- Claims Management.
- Reviewing emails, Site Instructions and Drawings Issued for Construction and comparing these to the Base Contract (Tender Submission);
- Identification of Variations from the Base Contract and discussion with the team on any Time and Cost implications;
- Sending the appropriate Notices to the Client within the prescribed limit o Management of Contractual Communications;
- Compilation of Claims for Additional Works and liaising with the Director of Cost Control and Logistics value these works;
- Compilation of Claims for Extension of Time by liaising with the Construction Manager (programme update) and the Director of Cost Control and Logistics to value the time extension;
- Consulting with the company lawyer in respect of any Legal Issues o Maintaining a Claim and Variation register;
- Discussing and negotiating claims with the Client.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the above responsibilities will be applicable for many areas of the business including civils, scaffolding, joinery, metal and plant sections. Our client offers an excellent opportunity to join a large, established and highly reputable organisation providing exciting prospects for the future.
Ably Resources Limited:
At Ably Resources we provide the best available talent in the UK and across the globe. Whether it's the placement of one individual or the mobilisation of a whole project team, we can guarantee you a professional and highly skilled response to your requirements. Our aim is to deliver the best possible solutions so we will make sure we fully understand the nature of your work-scope, the key issues and the complexities. We will then strive to meet your needs as quickly, and as cost-effectively, as possible. We can provide staff at all levels, from skilled trades to any office support staff, middle and senior management and director level across many disciplines. We're based in Glasgow, but we have absolutely no geographical restrictions. We currently supply clients throughout the UK and worldwide. Nor do we have any restrictions on our client-base, which currently ranges from small independent firms to global multi-nationals. We deliver complete recruitment solutions from advertising, sourcing, shortlisting, selection and full candidate back-up. In addition, we offer security and medical screening, credential verification and referencing. Through innovative web-based attraction and recruitment solutions combined with our extensive database and contact pool, we are confident in delivering a quality choice. Ably Resources ambitious aims are to deliver recruitment services to its clients wherever and whenever their requirement arises.