As a German Due Diligence / Compliance Team Leader, you will report to the AML Manager and be responsible for leading a team of Due Diligence Officers ensuring that all daily work tasks and activities are carried out in line with agreed service levels and department objectives.
- Allocation of daily work tasks and supporting the officers where there is a need to maintain service levels.
- Ensure fully compliant with the GBGC LCCP and GGC.
- All licencing objectives are adhered to.
- Review and analyse received Source of funds/wealth documentation to ensure that customers are gambling with legitimately derived income as well as addressing and identifying any affordability concerns.
- Produce detailed summaries of SOF/SOW account reviews ensuring they are escalated to key internal stakeholders.
- Monitor activity; improve operating efficiency and the contact handling quality.and prepare and assist in performance appraisals for EDD Officers.
- Educate, develop, and motivate staff to meet or exceed service levels, quality and operational expectations.
- Acting as the first point of contact for escalated queries ensuring Officers are shown how to deal with such queries in the future.
- Carry out customer interactions on email and telephone, these interactions are of a sensitive nature with some difficult conversations, situations and personal issues.
- Resolving escalated customer queries and completing account reviews and summaries for the AML Manager.
- Ensure all systems are functioning and working efficiently.
- Ensure that all incoming queries are dealt with accurately and in a timely manner
- Working closely with the AML Manager to ensure a consistent approach in work practices.
- Communicate with other teams and departments to handle various projects as required
- Liaising with DMLRO/MLRO to ensure any suspicious activity is highlighted for investigation
Experience & Qualifications
- You will hold a Native level German and be also fluent in English
- Experience of working within an AML environment in the online gambling industry.
- Previous experience of reviewing customer SOF/SOW documentation.
- Experience leading a team would be preferred.
- Be able to use common sense to ask the right questions when assessing customers’ behaviour and documentation.
- Motivated, well organised, and accurate with high attention to detail.
- Able to work on own initiative and strive to continually improve processes
- Strong communication skills, and ability to influence all levels to ensure the Compliance department always operates within a compliant framework
- Ability to work under pressure, able to prioritise, multi-task and deliver tasks to deadlines
- Confident telephone manner with the ability to communicate with customers in a clear and positive way.
Working hours for this role will be 40 Hours per week to suit the needs of the business. and will include weekend and evening work.