AX The Palace in Malta is looking to recruit a Chief Steward/Stewardess to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will maintain the general cleanliness, sanitary, maintenance of all Food and Beverage areas assigned by the Executive Chef/Sous Chefs and to supervise the kitchen porter employees.
- Responsible for the general cleanliness, sanitary, maintenance of all food and beverage areas assigned by the Executive Chef/Sous Chefs;
- Responsible for the correct stacking and control of all cutlery, crockery and glassware;
- To implement periodic cleaning rotas and kitchen hygiene checklist;
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen equipment such as covers, steamers, fryers, potato and vegetable peelers;
- Keep a logbook for the recording of breakages, accidents and any other data relating to his work;
- To be responsible for the ordering, storage and distribution of cleaning materials and accessories;
- To supervise the staff canteen and ensure that canteen is clean, during staff main meal times;
- To plan, carry out and follow up pest control schemes, maintaining the related adequate equipment;
- Follow all HACCP procedures and upkeep;
- Meets any other request given by the Management team.
AX The Palace:
The Palace Hotel in Sliema is one of the top 5 star hotels in Malta. It is highly rated for its 5-star services, exquisite cuisine and impeccable organisation and surroundings. The Palace provides top services and facilities. The Palace is an eco-leading efficient high-class hotel in Malta. It adopts a modern façade that attracts travellers and locals alike. As soon as you enter one of the top Sliema hotels in Malta, you are greeted by a world of luxury, exquisite accommodation and excellence in service.
- A good standard of education and 2 years’ experience in a similar role and within a similar environment;
- Good command of the English language, both spoken and written;
- Be able to multi-task, well-organized, proven track in forecasting and be computer literate;
- Be customer-focused and have a keen eye for detail;
- Willing to work flexible hours.