AX Seashells Resort at Suncrest in Malta is looking to recruit a Chef de Partie to join their team on a full-time basis.
To take full responsibility for the running of a particular section of the kitchen and to achieve the highest standards in the foodservice and upselling.
- To deputize in the Sous Chef’s absence and take charge of the kitchen when directed to do so;
- To ensure that any anticipated shortages are communicated promptly to the Sous Chef or the Head Chef;
- To ensure that all dishes are being prepared to the correct recipe and to the correct quantity and served to the specifications set on the menu;
- To ensure that all dishes reach the hot plate or passé correctly garnished, the correct portion and size, presented on the prescribed serving dish in the presented manner;
- To ensure that junior cooks and trainees receive the right training and optimum guidance;
- To attend training courses and seminars as and when required;
- To work in all corners of the kitchen for further personal knowledge and improvement;
- To ensure that all sections of the kitchen, including storage areas, are kept clean at all times;
- To maintain On Going “Clean as you Go” Practices. To take environmentally friendly initiatives;
- The Chef de Partie is welcome to come up with innovative ideas as regards new menu dishes and/or specialities;
- To ensure that all stocks are kept under optimum conditions;
- To be efficient, caring and friendly in all communications when dealing with guests and colleagues;
- To strive to study management subjects in preparation for future advancement;
- Enhancing and maintaining the kitchen product by actively communicating with superiors.
- To be familiar with HACCP Standards and Health & Safety Regulations as stipulated by law;
- To be proactive to the needs of the Kitchen operation, and anticipate any shortcomings;
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures;
- Ensure all security incidents & accidents are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of the direct manager;
- Being familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures;
- The employee is also expected to perform any duties as per operations requirements as instructed by the Head Chef.
Interested candidates are requested to send a detailed CV together with a covering letter.
AX Seashells Resort at Suncrest:
Our hotel Seashells Resort at Suncrest has been a leading 4-star hotel on the Maltese Islands since its very first days and has kept its tradition of hospitality within the AX group throughout the years. We decided that it was time to give the Qawra hotel a face-lift so during the winter months the hotel underwent an extensive renovation programme. Its doors re-opened again on the 1st of April 2015. The new face of the Seashells Resort at Suncrest, your number one resort for the individual, corporate and family travel.