eCabs Operators Co. Ltd in Malta are currently looking to recruit a Car Mechanic to join their team on a full-time basis.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Conduct basic car servicing, including the replacement of timing belts, clutching, the removing and replacing of the gearbox, and the disassembly and assembly of other parts of the vehicle;
- Identify and diagnose mechanical problems and electrical faults, often by using computerized diagnostic equipment;
- Test parts and systems to ensure that they are inadequate working order;
- Perform basic care and maintenance, including changing oil, giving tune-ups, checking fluid levels, and rotating tires, aiming to improve vehicle functionality and longevity;
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts, such as brake pads and wheel bearings, and fix issues;
- Use testing equipment to ensure that repairs and maintenance are effective;
- Maintain equipment and tools in good working condition.
eCabs Operators Co. Ltd:
eCabs is Malta’s leading minicab company with vehicles and people carriers dotting the Island ready to service requests 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call or book online and you’ll have one of our distinguishable black cabs in no time. Renowned for our outstanding customer service, we offer low pick up time frames from any point in Malta.
- At least 3 years’ proven experience working in a similar position;
- Possession of a valid driving license (B license);
- Clean Criminal Conduct;
- Possession of an International Driving License;
- Able to communicate effectively in the English language;
- Able to work on shift basis 24 hours, 7 days a week;
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods;
- Ability to handle various tools and heavy equipment;
- Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals, etc;
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles;
- Possess the relevant car mechanic certifications;
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks effectively and flexibility with work schedule to accommodate last-minute requests;
- Possess an eye for detail and ability to work under pressure;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.