SOHO Office Malta is looking to recruit a Cafe Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis. The role of Cafe Manager
will include various tasks such as managing day-to-day operations of the cafe; cooperation with suppliers, filling in kitchen stock; managing events hosted at the café; hiring and onboarding waiters, bartenders, helpers, etc.; training new employees and more.
To be successful in this role you should have experience in various roles working in a restaurant, café, bar, or other. You should be available to work during normal office opening hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays. Ultimately, your goal is to help increase profitability, boost members engagement, and turn SOHO cafe into a favourite social spot.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the cafe;
- Hiring and onboarding new staff members;
- Creating menus and work-shifts for staff to follow;
- Training employees on food & drinks preparation and proper usage of equipment;
- Coordinate with suppliers, fill in the kitchen stock;
- Maintain updated records of daily, weekly and monthly revenues and expenses;
- Research customer demands and preferences;
- Add new menu items based on seasonality and members’ preferences;
- Deliver an excellent experience to our members;
- Ensure all cafe areas are clean and tidy;
- Nurture friendly relationships with members to increase loyalty and boost reputation.
SOHO Office Hotel:
SOHO Office Hotel originated in 2013 from a need, which led to an idea. It happened that two foreigners to Malta, in the same industries, where faced with the challenge of finding quality office space in the prime areas of Malta. It was difficult to land just enough space for their needs, which led them to commit to a larger space than anticipated. In the true entrepreneurial spirit, these gentlemen noted their experience was not an isolated one. So, they offered their extra space to rent out in hopes of building a coworking community. The wanted to attract other entrepreneurs and visionaries to a place that encouraged the sharing of ideas and building collaborative, beneficial relationships, and exchanges.
- Work experience as a Cafe Manager;
- Hands-on experience with professional café machines;
- Good math skills;
- Availability to work within opening hours (including weekends and holidays);
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team;
- Customer service attitude;
- Excellent English;
- Additional certification (e.g. in Business Administration or Hospitality) is a plus.