Malta Financial Services Authority is looking to recruit a Business Analyst
on a full-time basis to join their team within their Programme Management and Quality Assurance department. The Programme Management & Quality Assurance office is responsible for the setting up of a single, centralised framework, designed to ensure the implementation and delivery of key organisational projects and other change initiatives within the Authority.
Programme Management is responsible to define best practice within the Authority and aims to standardize quality assurance and change management activities thus introducing economies of repetition in the execution of projects. The Programme Management team is key towards ensuring the completion of projects within budget and in the established timeframes.
The post is for a Business Analyst in Grade 7 level and the eventual appointee will be expected to report to the Senior Business Analyst/Change Manager of the PMQ within the MFSA. The individual will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Analyses, evaluation and documentation of business requirements;
- Perform gap analysis of new requirements against existing operational framework;
- Administer Change Control and Service Request procedures;
- Take responsibility of the overall progress of assigned tasks upon which he/she is working with strict adherence to SLA and quality standards;
- Act as a central point of contact to project stakeholders in order to understand, gather and analyse their business requirements;
- Understand stakeholders’ requests and provide on-going business support through the project lifecycle ensuring that any decisions made will have a measurable impact on the effectiveness of the Authority;
- Create viable specifications and acceptance criteria in preparation for the construction of high-level test cases emanating from requirements;
- Liaise with the Technology team and/or third party vendors or consultants to ensure compliance with business requirements and agreed specifications;
- Ensure that timely estimations are provided to the Project Manager within agreed timeframes;
- Support the Change Manager or Senior BA in the preparation for status meetings with the Project Manager;
- Support Quality Assurance in interpreting business requirements and acceptance criteria;
- Support Quality Assurance in building test scripts, invalidating test results and in resolving defects so as to ensure compliance with functional specifications prior to delivery;
- Provide the necessary training to MFSA staff during User Acceptance Testing;
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Document all work in accordance with agreed standards;
- Maintain status reports for all tasks on a regular basis;
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the Change Manager or Senior Business Analyst from time to time.
The role may require participation in off-site duties in order to attend meetings with external consultants or software vendors. Role may also call for duties outside office hours in order to tend to critical issues or recover impacted schedules so as to ensure adherence to SLAs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in business, IT and/or change management or an equivalent professional qualification.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working experience in a Change Management environment as well as demonstrable management skills with a proven track record to lead a team.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in a related environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
Other important information:
- Must be proficient in business modelling, business process improvements techniques, change implementation and planning, data analysis, organizational design, requirements definition, stakeholder relationship management and system design;
- Must be proficient in SQL Language;
- Must be proficient with methods and techniques for preparing statements of requirements both orally and in writing;
- Must exhibit strong documentation skills and should have a good knowledge of the MFSA in terms of its core objectives and strategic goals;
- Must be familiar with standards associated with IT practice nationally and internationally;
- Must demonstrate a strong awareness of the uses of IT within the financial services industry;
- Must be able to facilitate remote and face to face meetings;
- Must have good negotiation skills;
- Must be able to communicate with various team members in an effective manner;
- Must be a team player and actively promote team spirit;
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills;
- Must be accurate and systematic in doing work;
- Preferably should have a good knowledge of the financial services industry.
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such an interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage www.mfsa.com.mt.
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.