The Asset Recovery Bureau in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Bureau Officer I
to join their team on a full-time basis.
Terms and Conditions:
- The selected candidate will be engaged on an indefinite basis as a Bureau Officer I in the Asset Recovery Bureau (ARB);
- This appointment is subject to a probationary period of six (6) months;
- The salary for the post of Bureau Officer I within the Asset Recovery Bureau is equivalent to Grade 6, that is, €15,869.00 (Fifteen thousand, eight hundred, sixty-nine) per annum, up to a maximum of €17,771 (Seventeen thousand, seven hundred and seventy-one) rising by an annual increase of €471 and an increment of €317;
- The Bureau Officer I shall be expected to work on a 40 Hour Basis. If and when instructed by the Director ARB, an overtime rate of one and a half times the basic hourly rate shall apply;
- The appointee must ensure that s/he operates within the framework of the Code of Ethics and of Section 7.4 of the PSMC, and will not carry any form of work outside of this employment which may be against the interest of the Assets Recovery Bureau and/or which may lead to a conflict of interest or interfere with the performance of his/her official duties with the Asset Recovery Bureau. Private work invariably necessitates the permission of the Director.
The selected candidate is expected to maintain strict integrity and confidentiality of all aspects of work of the Asset Recovery Bureau; to provide efficient and professional services and to fully participate in the various duties that are undertaken by the Bureau, including but not limited to:
- Providing assistance during onsite inspections for the compilation of the onsite Asset Inventory;
- Dealing with correspondence, cases and enquiries relating to the function of the ARB under the direction of management;
- Implementing ARB policy over a wide range of activities/services rendered by the ARB under the direction of management;
- Performing administrative and procurement-related work and dealing with salary computations and adjustments under the direction of management;
- Supervising the updating of databases, websites, and other IT Systems;
- Gathering and registering information, and disseminating documentation to authorized personnel;
- Assisting in the handling of assets entrusted to ARB for preservation and disposal;
- Any other duties according to the exigencies of the ARB as directed by the Director ARB.
Qualifications and Experience required:
By the closing time and date of this call for applications, applicants must have:
- Ability to communicate verbally and non verbally in Maltese and English Language; and
- In possession of a recognized qualification at MQF level 5 in administration, business administration, accounts, financial services and compliance, public procurement, finance, banking, insurance or a comparable professional qualification considered relevant by the management; or
- In possession of a recognized qualification at MQF Level 4 related to administration, business administration, accounts, financial services and compliance, public procurement, finance, banking, insurance or a comparable professional qualification considered relevant by the management; and one (1) year work experience;
- Ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines;
- Very good written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work within a team;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- A high degree of self-confidence;
- Assertive qualities;
- Ability to conduct interviews of persons and to carry out inspections.
- The appointee must produce a recent Certificate of Conduct issued by the Police or other competent authority not earlier than one (1) month from the date of application;
- Eligible applicants will be assessed by a Selection Board to determine their suitability for the post. The maximum mark for this selection process is 100% and the pass mark is 50%.
*The Asset Recovery Bureau reserves the right to annul the result of the Selection Process of any successful candidate who at any time is found to have an unacceptable criminal record or has been dismissed from any Public Entity.
Submission of Applications:
Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials, scanned copies of which should be attached to the application. Original certificates to be presented upon interviews. Applications, together with a detailed curriculum vitae showing qualifications and experience, are expected. Late applications may not be considered.
Asset Recovery Bureau:
The Asset Recovery Bureau has been established under Legal Notice 357 of 2015, known as the Asset Recovery Bureau Regulations. The Bureau is an autonomous public entity governed by a Board led by a Chairperson is responsible for policymaking and a Directorate headed by a Director responsible for the implementation of the provisions of the Asset Recovery Bureau Regulations and the execution of policy as established by the Board. The functions of the Asset Recovery Bureau can be divided into three main categories: Tracing of assets, Asset Management, and Assets Disposal.