D Works Group in Malta is currently looking to recruit Bricklayer/Steel Fixer and Shutterer
to join their team on a full-time basis.
The chosen candidate would be a team player looking to be involved in the retaliation of specialized and innovative projects engineering solutions with a passion for detailing and execution on a range of exciting and prestigious new-build and refurbished projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be conversant with, set up, and operate various trade machines, tools, and equipment to achieve the required designs and structures to high standards, such may include but shall not be limited to frame cutters, drill presses, lathes, press-break, and shears;
- To fabricate and assemble steel products and structures. More specifically, to measure fabricate, cut, weld, and shape steel parts, flowing drawings provided and any instructions from the supervisor to perform required tasks;
- The steelworker will also need to assemble and erect the fabricated structures as needed and in accordance with engineering plans and technical specifications;
- Read and interpret blueprints and sketches as well as take and/or read measurements.
D Works Group:
In 2001 PC Works started a small company tailoring just households and just repairs, now with 3 workshops and 2 retail outlets we cater for any kind of business even outside the country. In 2004 Security Works upgraded from just I.T to providing security systems for households and businesses. We started with some clubs in paceville and now days we have a whole list of clientele and dedicated maintenance agreements. Turnkey Works started in 2006 as some electrical and plumbing maintenance we evolved in a fully functioning finishing company. Origin Works started in 2010 as a communications house, know we do Printing of Large and Small Format, Websites, Designs, Video Editing, Marketing and much more.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in construction in a similar position;
- A recognized qualification up to diploma level in the field would be considered an asset;
- Experience in working with various trade machines, tools, and equipment. Must be able to use these safely;
- Able to communicate effectively in English;
- Able to stand for long hours lift heavy objects and conduct repetitive motions;
- Trained to work effectively at heights for installation purposes;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn;
- Able to work under pressure completing tasks with minimum supervision.