Corinthia St. George's Bay, is looking to recruit an ambitious, determined and highly motivated Banqueting Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis. Reporting directly to the Food & Beverage Manager, this position requires an individual with a proven track record in the smooth running of in-house functions within the hospitality industry.
The Banqueting Manager will be responsible for:
The Ideal Banqueting Manager must:
- Supervising the functioning of all Food and Beverage employees working within the conference and events facilities and maintaining effective employee relations
- Frequently interacting with guests to ensure satisfaction and gain feedback
- Ensuring the group’s standards are maintained at all times
- Managing, coaching and training staff
- Overseeing staffing levels to ensure demand is met while working within budgeted targets
- Supporting the F&B Manager in all F&B planning and organization
- Setting up of different banquets, conferences and events and ensuring that preparation of service is up to company standards
- Have a minimum of five years’ experience in Food & Beverage preferably within a 5-star hotel environment
- Be flexible in attitude, approach and working hours
- Ideally, hold a related ITS qualification or equivalent
- Possess a valid Food Handlers License
- Have good command of the English language
- Have a good knowledge of Micros Fidelio POS system
- Be guest focused and with an outstanding personality
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Have a professional disposition and must maintain company grooming standards
- Be able to work on his/her own and within a team.
Corinthia St. George's Bay:
Corinthia is a collection of hotels founded by the Pisani family of Malta in 1962. We are a family-inspired business, whose timeless family values underpin the Spirit of Corinthia. We like to treat and look after guests as if we were welcoming them back home. We also support and positively encourage one another so that our hotel teams around the world enjoy their work in an inspired yet warmly-spirited fashion. As a hotel business, we focus on giving honest, discreet service. We see ourselves as leading craftsmen in the world of hospitality, valuing authenticity, passion, precision and understanding in all we do. Each of the hotels and resorts we have created, in some of the most exciting places in the world, is a tribute to local architecture and cultural traditions.
- Welcoming and fun environment
- Meals on duty
- Health insurance cover
- Interesting career opportunity and professional growth.