Vittoria Services in Malta is looking to recruit a Back End Developer
to join their team on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Dev Manager, the BI Developer plays a key role in the Operations department. It is someone enthusiastic and technical with the knowledge to solve a variety of data-driven tasks. The BI Developer should be able to read, write and debug complex SQL queries, be familiar with an enterprise-level reporting suite and have a tangible experience with basic ETL principles. They will be part of a very fast-moving team with fascinating projects and global exposure.
- Develop high quality, maintainable, and scalable solutions;
- Own delivery of these solutions end to end, analysis and design;
- Investigate new tools/technologies/ideas to promote further improvement of the system;
- Promote and enforce best practices, existing development guidelines and continuous code improvement;
- Troubleshoot data-related problems;
- Work on projects with a variety of teams all over the globe.
Vittoria IS Customer Service. Our unique team-first management style, combined with our core values and vast experience give us both an edge in the industry and the advantage our employees are looking for in their careers. At Vittoria Services we know the value of offering a customer journey that is positive, patient and considerate. We are a versatile outsourced call center on the front lines of premium customer service. We offer customised technology solutions for our clients across a wide span of verticals. Custom-fit solutions guaranteed to improve efficiency and deliver personalised service and support. We are experts at listening and making the customer experience feel easy, pleasant and secure.
- 3+ years of experience working in a BI/ETL related role;
- Strong SQL ability in both query and object creation;
- Understanding of query performance and tuning;
- Experience reading/writing data from a variety of data source types;
- Ability to build basic reports in our enterprise reporting suite;
- Familiarity with ETL constructs, data types and APIs;
- Experience with Linux a plus;
- Willingness to work outside of the area of expertise;
- Strong understanding of QA concepts;
- Self Starter, Quick Learner, Creative Thinker, Researcher, Deliverer;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Be comfortable engaging with business users and be able to understand their needs;
- Flexible working hours and days should that indeed be required.