G4S Malta is currently looking to recruit an Aviation Security Officer to join their team on a full-time basis. They are looking for individuals who are passionate about security and customer service at the Malta International Airport.
The role of Aviation Security Officer is a specialist position that provides security and peace of mind to passengers travelling through MIA. Aviation Security Officers conduct screening of passengers, baggage, or cargo to ensure compliance with transportation regulations by adopting the highest industry standards and use of state of the art equipment and technology.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Staffing key security functions within the departures area & other related security points;
- Body and luggage screening of staff and departing passengers;
- Monitor passenger flow through screening checkpoints to ensure order and efficiency;
- Controlling of access, checking identification or travel documents for all passengers, staff and airport users requiring access;
- Operate security equipment such as walk through metal detectors, x-ray machines, Liquid Explosive Detection and Explosive Trade Detection applications; hand wands at screening checkpoints and other ancillary equipment;
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
Skills and Requirements:
- Good command of English and Maltese;
- Basic computer skills including the operation of IT equipment;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ensuring excellent service standards;
- Capable to evaluate situations effectively together with an eye for detail;
- Carry out duties in a professional and courteous manner even when under pressure;
- Be in possession of a valid driving license.
What do we offer?
- Specialist Training: Successful applicants join as Trainees and are provided with specialist training leading to the attainment of Certification as Aviation Security Officers;
- Salary progression: Salary increases in line with Collective Agreement as ASO’s progress from one Grade 1 to Grade 4;
- Career Development: Opportunity to apply for Supervisory positions;
- Shift work: Opportunity to work on a shift basis.
This is a great opportunity for individuals looking to embark on a career in Security with a global organization that operates at the forefront of the Security industry.
G4S Malta is a leading International provider of security solutions operating in over 125 countries across the globe and employing over 650,000 people. In Malta, we employ a strong, dedicated workforce of more than 1,000 people. At G4S we always take care to employ the best people, develop their competence, provide opportunities and inspire them to live our values.