Junior Achievement Young Enterprise in Malta is looking to recruit a dynamic and flexible self-starter Assistant Operations & Events Co-ordinator
to join their team on a full-time basis.
JAYE’s purpose is to offer entrepreneurship, employability and financial capability education through ‘learning by doing’. Our programs reach all levels of education – Primary, Secondary, Post-secondary and Tertiary. The right candidate will work in a free-spirited environment where initiative, teamwork, and creativity are all valued and vital.
The role includes 4 main elements:
JAYE Malta’s Key Performance Indicators:
- Programme Delivery:
- Assists the Programmes Coordinator in the delivery of the JAYE Programmes;
- Reports to the Programmes Coordinator with respect to operations and CEO where necessary;
- Reviewing, communicates and discusses recommendations for the improvement and the delivery of the programme;
- Tracks costings per event;
- Joins the European & Global JA Conversation for awareness of programme development and alignment;
- Creates conversation and build relationships with participating students, link teachers and volunteers.
- External Coordination:
- Coordinates with externals as would be necessary to ensure the delivery of partner agreements in line with the programmes including partners, sponsors, speakers and suppliers;
- Coordinates and trains volunteers and interns with the guidance of the programme coordinator to ensure quality delivery of the programmes.
- JAYE Advocacy:
- Identifies opportunities for JAYE Advocacy;
- Supports Social Media Management to share the word about the pillars of JA, showcases the programmes, students and partners;
- Represents JAYE at external workshops and events;
- Represents JAYE on programmes or fairs when necessary.
- Carries out administrative tasks and tracking when necessary;
- Updates documents for programme delivery;
- Carries administrative upkeep in support of programme delivery & execution.
The whole team is dedicated to reaching the following KPI’s:
Skills & Qualifications:
- Student Retention per programme;
- Volunteering Mentors’ retention;
- School Participation retention;
- Sponsors’ & Partners’ Satisfaction with Delivery.
- Key characteristics of the ideal team member would include:
- Passionate Learner;
- Flexible & adaptive;
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Self-Starter & Solution-Oriented.
- IT Skills required for daily operations:
- Microsoft Excel;
- Microsoft Word;
- Microsoft Powerpoint;
- Microsoft Outlook (preferred);
- Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/Canva (added bonus).
- Preferred Experience:
- Project Management/participation;
- Previous participation with NGO/Student Organisation;
- Event Management;
- WordPress or basic website management experience (preferred);
*This job does not require any specific qualification however being passionate about development, learning and entrepreneurship would be a definite plus!
Junior Achievement Young Enterprise:
JAYE Malta is a non-government non-profit organisation that has been in Malta since 1988. It aims to provide entrepreneurship education programmes at all levels of the educational system. JAYE Malta brings the public and private sectors together to provide young people in primary and secondary schools and early university with high-quality education programmes to teach them about enterprise, entrepreneurship, business and economics in a practical way. The participants of the various programmes are all very enthusiastic about the experience. The organisation is well known in Malta for the delivery of the Company Programme whereby more than 5000 Sixth Form students since 1989 have become achievers through this experience. Students are given the opportunity to set-up and run a mini-company whilst developing a number of soft skills such as team building, priority management and risk assessment in a learning-by-doing manner. More recently JAYE Malta has launched the Start-Up Programme for tertiary education level students, offering aspiring entrepreneurs the possibility to design and pitch their very own business idea to potential investors. The experience gained is unforgettable.