Mellieha Holiday Centre in Malta is looking to recruit an Assistant Maintenance Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will report directly to the Maintenance Manager. The ideal candidate will plan, organise and monitor maintenance-related tasks and follow- up on day-to-day activities within the Maintenance section of the Mellieha Holiday Centre.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Assistant Maintenance Manager Qualifications:
- To ensure that maintenance-related works address customer needs at all times and to see that complaints and/or issues which could affect customer satisfaction are addressed promptly as they arise. Under no circumstances should requests for maintenance be left pending for more than 2 hours, unless the Maintenance Manager is informed;
- To plan and produce all rosters of the maintenance section for the smooth running of the department. All rosters must be available to workers at least two weeks in advance of their due date unless written consent from the Maintenance Manager is given;
- To schedule weekly and monthly routine tasks as and when instructed by the Maintenance Manager or his/her delegate;
- To prioritise unscheduled works that emerge from time to time;
- To take responsibility for maintenance personnel as listed below:
- To ensure that the quality of work is according to professional and trade standards;
- Effective quality control while ensuring that tasks are completed within reasonable and pre-established time frames. Time frames are to be established by the Maintenance Manager;
- Planning of annual leave, verification of sick leave & drawing up of monthly sickness reports as required;
- To ensure attendance, punctuality and discipline;
- To supervise works in progress and certify jobs upon completion. To update work schedules for the following days depending on the progress of works at hand;
- To attend weekly progress meetings with the Maintenance Manager;
- To regularly update the yearly cycle of duties;
- To maintain detailed and timely records of all works carried out under their responsibility;
- To ensure adequate stock level for commonly used items and draw up purchase requisitions for non-stock items. Purchase requisitions to be approved by the Maintenance Manager or his delegate;
- To maintain records of stock transactions and ensure the safekeeping of stock items;
- To ensure that all equipment and tools are available at the start of each maintenance task;
- Overseeing designated areas as directed by the Maintenance Manager or his delegate to identify and rectify issues that might prevent guests from having a pleasant experience during their stay;
- To supervise gardening duties;
- Keeping abreast with and enforcing health & safety regulations;
- To take responsibility for the induction of new maintenance personnel and emerging training requirements;
- Where necessary, liaise and coordinate with the Housekeeping department to ensure smooth and streamlined execution of works;
- Any other duties according to the exigencies of the service as directed by the Maintenance Manager or his delegate.
Mellieha Holiday Centre:
Mellieha Holiday Centre is situated in one of Malta’s most beautiful areas, next to one of the island’s best sandy beaches. A pool, elegant indoor pool & Spa, restaurant and the 70 m2 holiday homes with private courtyards and roof terraces make the place ideal for couples and families with children, as well as for several generations travelling together.
- Relevant trade-related qualifications and/or 3 years related experience;
- ECDL qualifications and/or 3 years related experience in working with computer software such as Word, Excel, Office etc;
- Licence A;
- Experience in a supervisory position.