One of our clients in the hospitality sector are currently recruiting for an Assistant Financial Controller to join their finance team in a newly created role. The successful applicant will report directly to a financial controller an assist in the financial reporting, management and control of the organisation.
- Prepare and review management accounts
- Assist in payroll management, overseeing the work of junior staff
- Examination of financial reports and data, checking for any discrepancies
- Operational analysis detecting any deviation from budget(s)
- Preparation of VAT tax returns
- Compilation of insurance claims and following up to ensure successful resolution
- Develop and monitor internal control procedures
- Prepare reports to management and regulatory bodies when necessary
- Develop internal relationships with other departments regarding financial matters
- Train and supervise junior members of the finance team
- Preparation of documentation to support both internal and external auditors
- Train and supervise other team members to work in compliance with company policies.
Education and Experience:
- Applicants should ideally be fully qualified accountants, however candidates in the final stages of ACCA will also be considered
- A minimum of two years previous experience in a similar role, ideally supervising a team.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Excel
- Previous experience of using Shireburn Financial Manager and Shireburn Payroll would be considered highly beneficial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Maltese
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to deliver accurate and timely information consistently
- Strong leadership abilities