Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort, Malta is looking to recruit an Assistant Financial Controller
to join their team on a full-time basis. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, this position requires an individual with a proven track record in the finance department.
Assistant Financial Controller's Key Responsibilities:
- Produces timely and reliable management information reports on a monthly basis
- Develops and controls a centralised accounting system to ensure that accounts are effectively managed
- Investigates variances against budgets and provide analysis of differences
- Performs month duties which include the preparation and importation of journal entries
- Prepares monthly reconciliation and analysis of bank, accruals and prepayments and intercompany balances
- Prepares the quarterly VAT claims
- Assists in Balance Sheet reconciliation
- Assists in management of the various functions of the accounting team
- Assists in monthly preparation of Management Accounts
- Prepares and maintain fixed asset register as well as depreciation
- Updates regularly the audit file
- Delivers to tight deadlines
- Maintains effective communication within the department and ensure that the Financial Controller is kept well informed of any problems/queries that have arisen
- Reports any problems/complaints to the Financial Controller
- Attends any department training sessions and/or meetings required
- Liaises with other departments to ensure good communication and offer support
- Is fully conversant with the Corinthia SOPs
- Supports the hotel operation in times of demand.
Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort:
Ideally located at the edge of the sparkling Mediterranean, the Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort is the perfect retreat for an island holiday. Overlooking the striking St George’s Bay and just moments from St Julian’s, Malta’s cosmopolitan hub, the hotel is conveniently located for exploring this sun-drenched island’s many attractions.
- Minimum 2 years in similar capacity
- Familiar with hotel accounting as well as hotel operations
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with enforcing internal controls and associated policies and procedures
- Excellent spreadsheet and word processing skills (Microsoft Office).