The American University of Malta (AUM) is in its second year of operation is seeking to recruit an Assistant Director of Marketing
to join their team on a full-time basis. AUM is growing quickly and is looking for professionals with strong background and solid experience in the Marketing field to join its team starting from 1st April 2019.
Assistant Director of Marketing Duties & Responsibilities:
Assistant Director of Marketing Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- The creation, design, and maintenance of the necessary marketing material to promote the American University of Malta, enhance its reputation, and support student recruitment and admissions.
- Develop, manage, and execute the ongoing management and updating of the AUM website and web presence making sure it is constantly updated and the maintenance strategy is well defined and processed.
- Building and owning the process of a multi-tiered content marketing strategy (based on vertical campaigns).
- Heavy involvement in all Digital strategies and be the owner of AUMs product marketing tool (HubSpot or similar).
- Owning the management of a strategic events-based marketing campaign (Virtual and in person) that focuses on thought leadership, creating awareness of implications innovations within degree fields, and scheduling expert webinars with faculty and industry leaders in order to promote awareness of innovation.
- Grow AUMs Brand internationally
- Devise and maintain a marketing strategy and develop a marketing playbook for the American University of Malta;
- Manage and track budgets for Marketing expenditures and new budget requests.
- Speak with various media outlets and coordinate press releases and events
- Create a unified and streamlined identity and brand that the recruitment and admission team can use when speaking with new students.
- Own the design and creation of marketing assets that can be used by various teams. Project managing all above plans and creating weekly updates to align different university, student, and public knowledge of events.
- Coordinate with Faculty and students about various activities and events that are taking place on campus.
- Creation of a community management strategy
- Aggressively monitor and maximize content SEO rankings, adjusting the content strategy as keyword research dictates, and conduct frequent audits
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions with leadership teams
- Develop a metrics-based approach to growing all marketing activity in a predictable and sustainable model.
- Collaborate across campus to work with faculty and students on shared projects and integrate content activities within traditional marketing campaigns, communicating the value of content and its numerous use cases
- Manage vendor relationships as they pertain to co-branded/co-created content and content strategy execution (webinars, white-papers, eBooks, etc.)
- Manage a growing content strategy team - including a Content Manager and a Marketing Communications Manager (Social Media & PR).
American University of Malta:
The American University of Malta educates a diverse student body to become ethically responsible global citizens, critical thinkers, and future leaders in an academically challenging learning environment. AUM strives constantly to innovate and enhance quality in teaching, research, public service and economic development. The American University of Malta is a private, American-style liberal arts university dedicated to higher education and research for an international community at the highest standard. Our degree programs, research activities, and service to the community transform lives and serve society by educating ethically knowledgeable citizens, creating knowledge, and putting knowledge to work in a global setting.
- Demonstrable experience as an Assistant Director of Marketing or similar role
- Preferably possesses experience of working in a Higher Education or environment
- A Graduate or studying towards obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree
- Highly developed communication skills both written and verbal
- Highly developed organisational skills and ability to work under pressure
- Strong team player with a high sense of initiative
- Able to work without supervision
- Flexible and positive attitude.