Hilton Malta is seeking to recruit a full time warranted Assistant Chief Engineer
to join their team on a full-time basis. The selected candidate will work closely with the Chief Engineer to efficiently maintain all hotel operations such that brand standards and safety and security compliance are ensured at the highest levels.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the selected candidate would be responsible for the effective management of the guest-facing hotel facilities as well as all back of house equipment and processes and of all engineering and maintenance operations within the hotel, including energy conservation.
Tasks will include:
They are looking for candidates with the following background:
- Leading the Engineering Team in the day-to-day engineering and maintenance operations of the hotel, including service standards, equipment and work schedules
- Communicate with the Housekeeping department to coordinate and prioritise maintenance activities for guest rooms and public areas
- Development of systems and procedures to ensure the health and safety of guests and team members as well as the proper condition for all plant, machinery and property
- Work with the Chief Engineer on the preparation of capital, repairs and maintenance budgets
- Monitor key performance indicators and take corrective action as required to improve equipment inventory, quality audits, productivity and other objectives.
- A degree in Engineering
- Experience in a senior position with extensive working knowledge of engineering operations, preferably in the hotel industry
- Current knowledge of modern trends and applications in the field of engineering.
Strong organisation and leadership skills and past experience of managing a team
All applications received will be acknowledged and treated in strict confidence.
As an oasis of Contemporary Living and Timeless Value, Hilton Malta has now established itself as the Island’s premier hotel. Ideally located within the award-winning Portomaso Yacht Marina, along the coast of the fashionable district of St. Julian’s, the hotel is just minutes away from all the major entertainment areas, attractions and sites Malta has to offer. A varied selection of Rooms and Suites offer the discerning traveller breathtaking views of The Mediterranean Sea or the Yacht Marina. The Hotel’s award-winning restaurants are considered to be amongst Malta’s finest eateries. With four outdoor pools, the Myoka Spa, the Living Well Health Club, a Water Sports Centre, A Scuba Diving School, The Portomaso Casino and much more, the Hilton Malta is the ideal resort for a relaxing holiday. Accommodation comprises 413 guest rooms & suites including non-smoking and interconnecting rooms, as well as rooms for guests with reduced mobility.