Job Vacancy: Applications Administrator within Information and Communication Technologies within the information systems team.
About Information and Communication Technologies:
The Information and Communication Technologies function is responsible for all information systems and IT operations at the MFSA.
The selected candidate will undertake duties in relation to applications administration, systems analysis and testing. The job involves direct interaction with the technical team and designated business users. The primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake application administration duties together with configuring and maintaining information systems;
- Implement effective software/solutions within the Authority using modern technologies;
- Writing and interpreting business reports and requirements documentation;
- Configuring and maintaining systems and processes;
- Administer business applications;
- Reporting on common sources of technical issues or questions and making recommendations to stakeholders;
- Developing test scripts and documents which may be automated or otherwise;
- Performing systems analysis whenever required;
- Assist in other tasks as directed by the Team Leader.
Other important information:
- We are looking for candidates with a solid academic background in ICT or in another comparable area;
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level;
- Analytics certification or equivalent would be considered an asset;
- You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in the area of ICT or Business and Computing. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred;
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such an interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage.
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.