STMicroelectronics (Malta) Ltd is looking to recruit Application Support Engineers
to provide effective assistance to manufacturing on a full-time basis. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help to deploy new application releases. The ideal candidate's responsibilities include system administration and application support.
- Collecting, analysing user requirements, and liaising with central ICT Group and software suppliers;
- Participating in the design of systems with central ICT Corporate groups, software suppliers, and users.
- Developing, validating, and executing testing plans for new systems and new versions of already existing systems;
- Deployment of new systems and new versions of existing systems;
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues;
- Train and instruct users and trainers for new functionalities and use of systems;
- Attend to user problems encountered in system use. Document and maintain procedures;
- Support production workstations and servers used by manufacturing;
- Review Cyber Security status and define actions to improve;
- Regular contingency planning review and define actions to improve robustness.
STMicroelectronics (Malta) Ltd:
ST is a global semiconductor leader delivering intelligent and energy-efficient products and solutions that power the electronics at the heart of everyday life. ST’s products are found everywhere today, and together with our customers, we are enabling smarter driving and smarter factories, cities and homes, along with the next generation of mobile and Internet of Things devices. By getting more from technology to get more from life, ST stands for life.augmented. The Company has served more than 100,000 customers worldwide.
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT;
- Help Desk Technician or similar role;
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments;
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products;
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues;
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills;
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal;
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or relevant field.