One of our clients in the banking industry in Malta is currently looking to recruit an Anti-Money Laundering Officer to join their team on a full-time basis
- Input, analyze and synthesize data;
- Draft monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports;
- Monitor and ensure accuracy of data collection;
- Support the implementation and improvement of monitoring and evaluation tools and framework;
- Follow a reporting schedule to ensure the submission of reports to the competent authorities is correct and is carried out in a timely manner;
- Review, conduct and finalize risk assessments of prospective accounts for on-boarding;
- Review of changes and reviews undertaken of existing accounts;
- Perform background searches on individuals/entities as and if required;
- Identify issues and escalate matters (submit an internal suspicious transaction report), as the need may be;
- Follow up on any pending matter(s) from previous work undertaken;
- Keep up-to-date with changes in AML-related law, regulations, and standards;
- Perform on-going monitoring of select account(s);
- Compile statistics as the need may be;
- Communicate with competent authorities, verbally, and in writing.
- University degree, diploma or certificate in banking and finance or relating to AML/CFT or any equivalent certification;
- Knowledge of AML/CFT obligations, laws, regulations and directives;
- Knowledge of the FIAU implementing procedures;
- Knowledge of AML software;
- Experience in AML reports;
- Ability to research and analyze, with attention to detail;
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written;
- Capable of building productive relationships with colleagues;
- A minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail;
- Analytical, problem-solver with a can-do attitude;
- Able to multi-task under tight deadlines;
- Team player with interpersonal skills.