Job vacancy: Analyst within Strategy, Policy & Innovation
Job code: SPI/008/2020
*During these challenging times, MFSA is doing all it can to keep employees & the general public safe. We are conducting online interviews & induction sessions for new employees and working remotely as much as possible. For those employees that need to be in the office, we are ensuring that every precaution is being taken.
About Strategy, Policy & Innovation:
The Strategy, Policy, and Innovation function is responsible for providing advice, analyses, and reviews on current and prospective strategies and policies related to key priority areas. This is done through the formulation and implementation of policies which will strengthen Malta’s framework for the regulation of financial services and implementing policy projects in line with the MFSA’s strategy and vision. It also proposes new areas which could potentially be delved into by the MFSA and provides insight on how related frameworks may be developed, whilst fostering innovation and enhancing access to financial products. The function is also responsible for the implementation of the MFSA’s FinTech Strategy, which aims to establish Malta as an international FinTech hub, supporting and enabling financial service providers to infuse technology in product and service offerings.
As an Analyst, the eventual appointee will be responsible for:
- Participating in strategy and fintech projects and related ongoing cross-sectoral policy work;
- Providing support in the development of proposals related to key priority areas which may be tapped into by the MFSA, in line with the Authority’s strategy and vision;
- Liaising with the various Directorates and Functions of the Authority, as well as other Governmental bodies and act as point of contact when required;
- Participating in local, EU, local and international fora, including the relevant committees of the European Supervisory Authorities;
- Undertaking any other tasks as delegated by line management, depending on the Authority’s exigencies.
How to apply or query further information:
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Law, Accountancy, Insurance or in Banking and Finance related background or in any other Finance related qualification;
- The chosen candidate is expected to be a confident individual who is flexible, proactive, dynamic, having a critical and analytical mind-set and a high attention to detail. The individual is also required to demonstrate good research and have excellent oral, written and presentation skills. The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC), or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level;
- You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in the area of financial services. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred. Also, knowledge and/or experience in the field of financial services legislation and regulatory framework, information technology, virtual currencies and their underlying technologies, would be considered an asset;
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years’ experience in a similar related role, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application.
Other Important Information:
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates. It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website under MQRIC heading. The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage. Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate's appointment liable to termination. Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis