Job Vacancy: Administrative Executive within Legal & International Affairs
Job code: LIR/016/2020
About Legal & International Affairs:
The Legal and International Affairs Function is mainly responsible for providing legal advice internally across the organisation. It is responsible for the drafting and/or vetting of legal documents which the Authority may enter into. It is also responsible for the coordination and oversight of the legislative process falling under the administration of the MFSA. Moreover, the said function attends to any litigation matters and represents the Authority in any action or legal proceedings in which the MFSA is involved or has an interest. This Function is also responsible for coordinating with international organisations and other regulators and for entering into MoUs in order to contribute towards the shaping of a global regulatory agenda and international policy in the field of financial services. It is also actively engaged in policy dialogue, negotiations and follows up of EU institutional affairs and dossiers.
Within this role, you will be expected to apply your work experience to the various day to day duties, as directed by the General Counsel or any other official delegated for such purpose.
The duties to be undertaken may include any of the following, according to the exigencies of the teams within Legal and International Affairs function:
- General administrative duties supporting the teams, such as filing and organising files;
- Preparing and drafting correspondence;
- Preparing documents, as guided by the team, for any meetings;
- Making any necessary travel arrangements as guided by the teams;
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail;
- Compiling any data as may be required;
- Processing invoices and administering the function’s budget;
- Maintaining calendars and meetings pertaining to the teams;
- Keeping track of deadlines;
- Minute taking of meetings attended by the teams, when necessary;
- Communicating with internal staff members within the various functions across the Authority and liaising with any external entities as may be required;
- Performing other duties as may be required from time to time.
How to apply or query further information:
- To succeed within this role you should be the kind of person who thrives when working under pressure, who is great at prioritising tasks and able to work on own initiative. Previous experience in a similar role, having performed most of the duties listed below, is considered necessary. You will have excellent communication and writing skills. The ability to speak Maltese and English fluently is a must. You should also be meticulous and organised, with an eye for detail;
- The role also calls for a diploma or a comparable academic qualification at National Qualification Framework Level 5 or better [duly certified by the Malta Qualification Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level] in a related field;
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least 5 years working experience in a similar environment, we would still be interested in meeting you. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application.
Other Important Information:
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates. It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on the comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such an interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website under MQRIC heading. The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage. Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate's appointment liable to termination. Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Jobsplus Permit no: 331/2020
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.