AX Sunny Coast Resort & Spa in Malta is looking to recruit Night Receptionist to join their team on a full-time basis.
To ensure a high level of consistent service to all Sunny Coast Resort guests, maintaining communication between departments and conveying all guest feedback. Promote all hotel outlets & activities.
- Know the standards and put them into practice in his/her daily work, thus actively pursuing the hotel’s objectives;
- Become familiar with all work sequences within the Front Office/Concierge Department and room types;
- Be available for guests at all times as a point of contact and co-responsibility for appropriate treatment of guest complaints, passing on and documenting such complaints;
- Maintain regular contact with in- house guests;
- Check-in/Check-out Procedure;
- Contact arrivals and ensure their satisfaction – action any feedback in the correct way and as per standards required;
- Attend regularly in departmental meetings;
- Ensure that accurate records of wake-up calls, guest messages are maintained;
- Check and monitor any functions taking place at the time;
- Ensure all staff hand-over procedures are carried out at shift change and that all check & task lists have been completed;
- Ensure that full night audit systems procedures are carried out and all reports are issued and distributed accordingly;
- Deal with any Room Reservation enquiries effectively and complying with procedures;
- Participate in any training courses deemed necessary and put skills learned, into practice;
- Handling of cash, provide a good filing system, accurate end of shift hand over;
- Maintain the supplies and appearance of the Reception & Lobby in line with standards;
- Acceptance and passing on of the wishes of guests to the corresponding departments/persons;
- Co-operate with team members/supervisors from all other departments;
- To be flexible in working hours according to the department requirements;
- Meets any other request given by the House Manager/Operations Manager or General Manager.
- Being in Malta is a must;
- Excellent command of the English language, knowledge of other foreign languages will be considered as an asset;
- A good standard of education;
- Be computer literate;
- Has experience working on a hotel system; knowledge of Opera will be considered as an advantage;
- Has previous working experience in Front of House operations, like Check-in Checkouts;
- Able to work on his/her own initiative and take decisions when not supervised;
- Willing and able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays;
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar environment;
- Team worker and takes initiative.
AX Sunny Coast Resort & Spa:
The Sunny Coast Resort & Spa is one of the hotels in Malta situated in the northern part of the island, almost touching the coastline with spectacular views of the picturesque bay. The Sunny Coast Resort & Spa also happens to be one of the most popular spa hotels in Qawra, a dynamic village and magical place, brimming with beaches, rocks, shops, café’s, bars and many restaurants. Staying guests just love exploring around and walking along its first-rate promenade especially in the early evenings. Qawra can easily eat up a day without you even knowing, hence why it has now been recreated into a golden destination rather than just your average location. The property is comfortable, spacious and welcoming; a 4-star hotel that without a doubt offers the best self-catering accommodation Malta has to offer. The hotel boasts a sizeable external pool where you can enjoy relaxing at the Lido with ample sunbed and umbrella use, as well as a heated indoor pool for the winter season. To make it easier for you to pick where to stay in Malta, the Sunny Coast hotel offers full spa & fitness facilities which include three Jacuzzis, a sauna, a massage room, a hair salon and even a squash court for every visitor to enjoy, making it one of the leading Qawra hotels around.