One of our clients, a leader in the Logistics and Transport industry, is looking to recruit a Customs Clearance and Documentation Clerk to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Assist the Customs Documentation Department in the daily operational activities;
- Process customs documentation, as necessary;
- Calculate and process duties and taxes to be paid on behalf of clients;
- Prepare the relevant NSO documentation;
- Inputting of Customs Declarations and any job-related data into the computer system ensuring accuracy of information;
- Process documentation related to Trade, Port Health, CITES, Heritage, Fisheries, Transport Malta and other governmental institutions as required;
- Keep abreast of the Customs law, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, political processes and agency rules as these may change from time to time.
- Minimum O level standard of education;
- EDCL qualification;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both English and Maltese;
- 1 year (or more) of office experience;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines without supervision;
- Previous experience in shipping, freight, import and export, transportation or logistics will be considered an asset.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realize excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organizations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programs such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Good communication skills and telephone handling skills;
- Be a strong team player whilst able to work without supervision
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail
- Time management and organizational skills;
- Customer-orientated approach.