InterContinental Malta is looking to recruit a Front Office Supervisor
to join their team on a full-time basis. You will be reporting to the Front of House Manager at InterContinental Malta as well as the Hotel Manager of the Holiday Inn Express Malta. Other key relationships include the Heads of Department and Hotel Front Office team. You will be required to cover shifts at InterContinental Malta as well as the Holiday Inn Express Malta. The ideal candidate will perform duties in this supervisor role on a rotation basis between both properties.
As a Front Office Supervisor,
you will have good knowledge of our facilities and services whilst being responsible for assigning work and ensuring the completion of daily tasks in the front office day-to-day operations in order to deliver an outstanding service to our guests.
Further duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receive, register, check-in and out guests according to the brand and legal requirements and enter guest details into the PMS;
- Must be familiar with IHG Loyalty Programs and applies the required practices;
- Is able to handle guests’ requests or complaints;
- Take food orders, serve drinks at the bar, assist with food preparation.
- Be familiar with all guest rooms to ensure rooms sales are maximized in accordance with selling strategies;
- Be fully conversant with hotel rooms, availability and rates and be able to sell accordingly;
- Be able to follow the UFO Sales program.
- Liaise with relevant departments on all elements including but not limited to out of order, and guest needs maintenance, refurbishment;
- Supervise and train the Front Office Team to ensure a smooth and efficient Front Office Operation.
- Process all cashiering transactions in accordance with Front Office Standards;
- Be aware of functions, facilities, promotions and events taking place in the hotel;
- Is knowledgeable about Fire and Safety Procedures and is capable of assisting the Duty Manager if an emergency takes place.
What Do You Get?
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of one-year front office supervisor experience;
- The candidate is required to be smart in appearance, highly organized, as well as possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work under pressure;
- The candidate will be required to work different shifts, weekends, and/or holidays and also assist the F&B operations at times;
- Knowledge of Opera is highly regarded;
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the EU & must be in possession of the relevant passport and visa.
In return, we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work and develop with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you room to be yourself.
Situated in the exclusive beachside resort of St Julian's, InterContinental Malta is just seven kilometres from Valletta, Malta's capital city, and within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping and entertainment locations. Unwind by our lagoon styled outdoor pool, or simply enjoy a day at our private sandy beach.