Job vacancy: Personal Assistant (Executive Team) within Executive Committee
Job code: COS/002/19
About Executive Committee:
The Office of the Chief Officer Supervision is responsible for the co-ordination of regulatory, authorisation and supervisory matters, across all the sectors under the remit of the MFSA.
Within this role, you will be expected to apply your working experience to the various day to day duties as directed by the Executive Team (Chairman and Chief Officer Supervision), or any other official who is delegated for such purpose.
Within this scope, the duties to be undertaken may include any of the following in accordance with the exigencies of the Authority:
- Greet guests and delegations upon arrival at the Authority’s premises;
- Organise and follow-up on internal and external meetings, as well as business trips and travel reimbursements;
- Prepare and draft correspondence, relevant reports, statistics, notes and presentations as required;
- Register and manage mail, including potential filtering and redistribution to other teams/functions;
- Manage the calendar/agenda pertaining to the Executive Team;
- Communicate any messages to internal staff and external parties on behalf of the Executive Team;
- Manage office supplies;
- Take minutes during meetings;
- Perform any other secretarial and administrative tasks, as deemed necessary.
Other Important Information:
- We are looking for candidates capable of delivering accurate work under pressure, prioritising tasks and working on own initiative. You will need to have excellent communication and client-facing skills. Fluency in spoken Maltese and English is a must. You also need to be methodical, organised, with an eye for detail. Previous experience in a similar role will be preferred;
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 5 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level;
- You will also need to have had at least three (3) years' experience working in a similar role. Candidates with longer work experience relevant to the role will be preferred;
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience in a similar role, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates. It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on the comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website under MQRIC heading. The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage. Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate's appointment liable to termination. Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.