AX Seashells Resort at Suncrest in Malta is looking to recruit a Night Auditor to join their team on a part-time basis.
To assume full control of all areas, ensuring the comfort and well-being of guests, in accordance with agreed performance standards.
- To be available at all times to deal with any issues or concerns.
- To ensure that late arrivals are checked in correctly, allocated a room and their luggage sent to their room without delay.
- To ensure that late arrivals are aware of services available at night.
- To ensure that the guest is reminded about breakfast and newspaper orders.
- To ensure that room service orders are prepared to the required standards and served promptly and courteously.
- To ensure that night cleaning staff is carrying the duties set.
- To rearrange rosters in cases of sickness or absenteeism.
- To ensure strict security measures are in operation and that no unauthorized person has access to any part of the hotel.
- To ensure that no unruly behaviour persists and to take the appropriate measures in the event of any guest or staff members being unreasonable.
- To ensure that all areas are properly secured after the business is closed.
- To ensure that all cash and floats are securely locked away.
- To ensure that kitchens which have been closed down for the night have been checked and that no equipment is left on, particularly deep fryers, etc.
- To maintain the highest standards of personal appearance and hygiene, as well as ensuring that night staff is appropriately dressed and alert.
- To check all public areas, including cloakrooms, to ensure they have been cleaned and serviced correctly.
- To ensure that breakfast preparations are on time and that orders for early breakfasts have been affected.
- To ensure that notice boards have been updated for the coming day’s business.
- To complete a night report detailing complaints, emergencies, incidences, maintenance or security needs, as well as a summary of action taken.
- To balance all revenue totals of cash and credits against the revenue report.
- To take over from the evening receptionist, checking and accepting float and takings.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures.
- Familiarise with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of the direct manager.
- Co-operating with the team and members of management and be supportive and loyal to the company.
- Meets any other request given by the Front Office Manager or the General Manager.
- To carry out any other duties as may be deemed necessary, which are consistent with the basic objectives of the post. In an emergency, the post holder may be required to manage another unit.
AX Seashells Resort at Suncrest:
Our hotel Seashells Resort at Suncrest has been a leading 4-star hotel on the Maltese Islands since its very first days and has kept its tradition of hospitality within the AX group throughout the years. We decided that it was time to give the Qawra hotel a face-lift so during the winter months the hotel underwent an extensive renovation programme. Its doors re-opened again on the 1st of April 2015. The new face of the Seashells Resort at Suncrest, your number one resort for the individual, corporate and family travel.
- A good standard of education.
- Be computer literate.
- Excellent command of the English language, knowledge of other foreign languages will be considered as an asset.
- Experience working on a hotel system; knowledge of Opera will be considered as an advantage.
- Previous working experience in Front of House.
- Able to work on his/her own initiative and take decisions when not supervised.
- Willing and able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar environment.
- Team worker and takes initiative.