PG Group plc in Mala is looking to recruit a Shipping Office Administrator
to join their team on a full-time basis. This is a dynamic role that requires an energetic individual who is motivated by a challenging working environment. The selected applicant will be detailed-oriented and have the ability to work well in a team and with all levels of management. This role consists of various administrative tasks within the shipping department.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Coordination of shipments from abroad;
- Complete Shipping documentation;
- Deal with the customs department;
- Working product costings;
- Scanning documents;
- Organising meetings and sourcing of quotes;
- Other general office duties.
PG Group plc:
PG plc (Company/PG Group) is a reputable investment company with interests in a number of successful ventures in the Maltese Islands. Over the years, the company grew its operation and invested in a number of sustainable and attractive opportunities. Its sole purpose is directed towards the local economy and employs no less than 350 people. The business activities are diverse and include real estate, supermarket and fashion. The Company’s ethos is reflected in the services given to its clients. The client remains the centre of the Group’s activities which strives to offer the best service, at the right price and from the best location. The Group is involved in the following business activities: PAVI (Qormi) and PAMA (Mosta) Supermarkets; PAMA Shopping Mall in Mosta; The franchise of ZARA and ZARA Home in Sliema and Mosta. The Board of the PG Group believes, that being a good corporate citizen means that it has to contribute part of its profitability back to the Maltese society. The Board operates a Corporate Social Responsibility Program that addresses different segments such as the environment, the Maltese cultural heritage and the socially deprived people.
- Have experience performing clerical duties, preferably within a similar role;
- Be able to work under pressure and with minimal supervision;
- Be highly organised and have high attention to detail;
- Be able to communicate in both Maltese and English, Italian would be considered an asset;
- Minimum O' level of education;
- Good knowledge of PC required, preferably ECDL certified;
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Analytical and attentive to detail with an ability to see the bigger picture and consequences of decisions;
- Excellent planning and monitoring skills;
- Collaborative with strong networking and client relationship management skills;
- Excellent influencing, negotiation and facilitation skills;
- In-depth shipping knowledge;
- Hands-on experience of shipping;
- Strong level of commercial awareness, business and financial acumen including budgeting and reporting skills;
- Risk analysis;
- Business development skills to be able to identify and follow-through on opportunities;
- Able to analyse data, prepare reports and advise on strategic direction.