Mellieha Holiday Centre in Malta is currently looking to recruit a full-time Receptionist
, shift based role, to join their team in a well-established Holiday Centre located alongside one of Malta’s best sandy beaches, Ghadira Bay.
Duties will include:
- Greeting and welcoming guests as soon as they arrive at the Reception desk;
- Responding to any guests’ enquiries or issues in a timely and appropriate manner;
- Directing any visitors to the appropriate person and office;
- Answering, screening and forwarding incoming phone calls and email correspondence;
- Maintain an excellent flow of communication with different departments by inputting appropriate and punctual information into the Hotel Management System;
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the Reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges and keys);
- Monitoring and following-up on guests complaints and requirements;
- Import bookings onto Hotel Management System (training provided);
- Inventory and routine stock takes;
- Filing and organizing documents and guest lists, both in hard and soft copies;
- Assisting with the processing of bookings and accounts for both Front and Destination Offices (training provided).
Mellieha Holiday Centre:
Mellieha Holiday Centre is situated in one of Malta’s most beautiful areas, next to one of the island’s best sandy beaches. A pool, elegant indoor pool & Spa, restaurant and the 70 m2 holiday homes with private courtyards and roof terraces make the place ideal for couples and families with children, as well as for several generations travelling together.
- Relevant qualification in hospitality or any related fields;
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written (knowledge of Danish language will be considered an asset);
- Experience in Front Office or Customer service related roles;
- IT literate, experience with Microsoft Office package and understanding of hotel software systems;
- Basic knowledge of the Maltese Islands, tourists’ attractions and sites of interest;
- Friendly and outgoing personality, team-work attitude;
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise;
- Ability to work on a shift-based pattern, including weekends;
- Confidence in working in International and multi-lingual environments.