AX The Saint John in Malta is looking to recruit a Front Office Agent to join their team on a full-time basis. The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organised professional who portrays an image of efficiency. The ideal candidate must have guest care as a priority, with every effort should be made to meet guests’ needs with all comments/complaints being actioned to a high degree of efficiency.
- Know the standards and put them into practice in his/her daily work;
- Be available for guests at all times as a point of contact and co-responsibility for appropriate treatment of guest complaints, passing on and documenting such complaints;
- Check-in/Check-out Procedures;
- Contact arrivals and ensure their satisfaction – action any feedback in the correct way and as per standards required;
- Keep a good rapport with all Tour Operator couriers and group leaders;
- Ensure that accurate records of wake-up calls, newspapers, guest messages and faxes are maintained;
- Promote all Hotel Sales and in-house facilities;
- Check and monitor any functions taking place at the time;
- Ensure all staff hand-over procedures are carried out at shift change and that all check & task lists have been completed;
- Assist in checking VIP arrival rooms and spot-checking rooms prior to guests’ arrival;
- Ensure that full night audit systems procedures are carried out and all reports are issued and distributed accordingly.
- A good standard of education;
- Fluency in English; another European language will be considered as an advantage;
- Be computer literate;
- Has experience working on a hotel system; knowledge of Opera will be considered as an advantage;
- Has previous working experience in Front of House operations;
- Able to work on his/her own initiative and take decisions when not supervised;
- Willing to work flexible hours including weekends.
AX The Saint John:
The latest addition to the capital city, Saint John, a boutique accommodation was once a former merchant’s residence and shop. It has now been elegantly converted to provide an intriguing and hospitable setting. The building has been revamped to showcase its architectural features. While the furnishings might still have an industrial feel, it still provides warmth and style with a strong focus on guest comfort. The natural light from the central courtyard makes the entrance welcoming. The property provides the latest technology for guests to enjoy the comfort and facilities needed and expected by the modern traveller.