GM International Services Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Shipping Office Administrator
to join their growing team on a full-time basis. This is a dynamic role that requires an energetic individual who is motivated by a challenging working environment. The selected applicant will be detailed-oriented and have the ability to work well in a team and with all levels of management.
This role consists of various administrative tasks within the shipping department. These shall include the coordination of shipments from abroad, shipping documentation, working product costings, inputting purchase orders and stock receipts into the computer system, scanning documents, organizing meetings and sourcing of quotes, amongst others.
Duties will consist of:
The ideal candidates should:
- Ship and yacht registration processes;
- The setup and management of various companies;
- Liaising with external parties such as clients, banks, suppliers, government authorities and institutions;
- Answering telephones, direct calls and take messages;
- Compiling, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
The successful candidate must have the following pre-requisite skills:
- Have experience performing clerical duties, preferably within a similar role;
- Be able to work under pressure and with minimal supervision;
- Be highly organized and have high attention to detail;
- Be able to communicate in both Maltese and English;
- Good knowledge of PC required, preferably ECDL certified.
In addition to the above, preference will be given to candidates possessing the following technical pre-requisites:
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Analytical and attentive to detail with an ability to see the bigger picture and consequences of decisions;
- Excellent planning and monitoring skills;
- Collaborative with strong networking and client relationship management skills;
- Excellent influencing, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- In-depth shipping knowledge;
- Hands-on experience of shipping;
- Strong level of commercial awareness, business and financial acumen including budgeting and reporting skills;
- Risk analysis;
- Business development skills to be able to identify and follow-through on opportunities;
- Able to analyze data, prepare reports and advise on strategic direction.
Our workforce is diverse and we value the strength of personality and the right fit for our culture.
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package and the benefits of working within a growing environment.
GM International Services Ltd:
GM International Services Limited, a subsidiary of Economicard Worldwide Limited, is the largest and longest established shipping services company in Malta. At GM International Services Limited we offer a very comprehensive service that incorporates all aspects of ship registration. Apart from ship and yacht registration, clients can choose from a range of services including agency, husbandry, bunkering, chandling, transhipments, secretarial, accountancy and legal services, including registration of mortgages.