AX Business Unit in Malta is looking to recruit a Personal Assistant to the Director to join their team on a full-time basis. Assisting the Head of Unit/Architect in the day-to-day administrative duties within the new Development Unit at AX Group. Performing secretarial duties as requested and assisting other team members in their tasks. The Development Unit will be responsible for new in-house projects, refurbishments, extensions and similar works for new and existing property within the Group. Hence a candidate with work experience in an architectural or construction firm will be preferred.
- To prepare and handle all administrative/clerical duties, such as filing, typing, emailing, scanning, photocopying, binding;
- Make appointments for the Director and keep agenda up-to-date;
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail and distribute accordingly;
- Keep record-keeping / filing system up-to-date;
- Keep copies of contracts, agreements, licenses, permits, certificates, and any other documentation and file respectively;
- Take minutes of meetings as and when requested;
- Greet guests for meetings;
- Responsible for office equipment being used and stationery;
- Ensure that the standard telephone procedure and etiquette are adhered to;
- Respect and observe the company’s rules and regulations together with policies and procedures;
- Actively participate in training and development programs and maximise opportunities for self-development;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Company.
AX Hotels Business:
AX started in 1975 in construction. The company was awarded a couple of landmark building and civil engineering contracts and by mid-eighties, it was already a well-established construction company with Malta’s largest hard rock quarry, the largest pre-cast and pre-stressed concrete plant on the island. Development was a natural diversification for the company. AX group developed individual terraced houses, large scale residential blocks, office blocks, hotels, restaurants. And in 1982 AX ventured into hospitality with AX Sunny Coast 4-star complex in Qawra being its first investment. And soon after the Group inaugurated the largest hotel in Malta, the 4-star AX The Seashells at Suncrest Hotel. Today AX hotels manage 6 hotels including the 4-star AX The Victoria Hotel, a 200 year Palazzo Capua and 5-star city designer hotel in Sliema – AX The Palace. In 2017 AX hotels launched its lasts edition – AX The Saint John Boutique Hotel in Valletta and in 2019 they will be opening one more in Merchant Street. In 2015 AX Group launched the first retirement village on the island redefining the later lifestyle with the luxurious Hilltop Gardens and Simblija Care home in Naxxar. Today the AX Group of companies is a household name in Malta. It’s synonymous to landmark constructions and developments such as the superstructure Parliament in Valletta or restorations like the Birgu ditches. It’s a shareholder in the Valletta Cruise port and Valletta Waterfront and plans to launch the UNESCO approved tunnel underneath Valletta connecting Birgu and Sliema in the coming years.
- Advanced level of Education, a secretarial diploma is considered an asset;
- Experience in a similar position is a must;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Good presentation skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- A good team-player;
- A committed and loyal individual.