Closing date: 29/06/2019
Malta Financial Services Authority is looking o recruit an Administrative Assistant
to join their Compensation Schemes team on a full-time basis.
About Authorisation Unit:
Authorisation (AU) is responsible for the processing of applications of entities proposing to carry out activities in the areas of banking, securities, insurance and pensions, trusts and Company Service Providers. These activities are regulated and supervised by the MFSA in its role as single regulator of financial services in Malta. The Authorisation, with a staff complement of 35, is the entry point for a regulated entity to operate in Malta. AU is a multidisciplinary team consisting of professionals from different academic backgrounds.
As Administrative Assistant in Grade 9, you will be reporting to the Head of the Unit or to any other person the Head may delegate for the purpose of assigning duties and responsibilities as applicable to the Grade from time to time.
Your duties will involve:
- Handling the general office duties which mainly include secretarial and other support duties depending on the exigencies of the Authorisation;
- Handling of incoming and outgoing mail;
- Handling and re-directing of telephone calls;
- Booking of meeting rooms;
- Filing and record keeping of databases;
- Updating of relevant website;
- Assisting in the Due Diligence Process and Personal Questionnaires;
- Processing of passporting notifications;
- Issuing letters of appointment, letters to compliance officers and money laundering reporting officers;
- Diary management
- Assist in the general reception duties of the MFSA.
The selected candidate will possess qualifications including:
- We are looking for candidates with a good academic background in general business administration.
- The role calls for the possession of passes in 6 (six) O’ Levels or equivalent that include English, Maltese and Mathematics, and an ECDL certification or equivalent as proof of computer literacy.
- If you do not have the necessary academic but you have at least two (2) years of relevant clerical experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
How to apply or query further information:
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application.
Other Important Information:
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on the comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such an interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website under MQRIC heading.
The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage.
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate's appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.